The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
For my eye, busy and cluttered doesn't mean better quality. Make it nice for the driver, the rest...meh, who cares...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The manufacturers will need to stick with good design. One will never be able to satisfy every critic. There is a need for plastics as well as a desire for fine fabrics, but combining the two materials to give a desirable interior has proven to be challenging for many car makers.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #17
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

The complaints regarding the plastic in GM's interiors are generally about the quality of those plastics (surface texture/graining, hard vs soft) and the fitment (gaps, edges). Cadillac also frequently gets dinged for having too many material types in the design of their interior. Glossy plastic and carbon fibre and (faux?) aluminum and hard plastic and soft plastic and smooth plastic and grained plastic and and and. That kind of a mis-mash is generally a sign of poor design and/or cheap execution. Bad design because having too many materials looks like a collection of parts, not a unified design. Cheap execution because they're sticking bad plastic anywhere they think they can get away with it -instead of using higher quality stuff for a little bit more.
Well, like I said, I fail to see where european or any other manufaturers are doing better for the price, it seems more like bias and ignoring when someone like Cadillac actually produces something on the same level as them. At this point, a bunch of people stop "seeing" the plastic in their european car and then claim that the cadillac interior is "all plastic" and "poor quality". If a current gen CTS-V owner wants to snap some pics, we can do the same thing I did with the RS6.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Well, like I said, I fail to see where european or any other manufaturers are doing better for the price, it seems more like bias and ignoring when someone like Cadillac actually produces something on the same level as them. At this point, a bunch of people stop "seeing" the plastic in their european car and then claim that the cadillac interior is "all plastic" and "poor quality". If a current gen CTS-V owner wants to snap some pics, we can do the same thing I did with the RS6.
?
I am unaware of anyone claiming that brands like Audi don't use any plastic. Yes, people complain about the plastics used in Cadillacs ... but thats not the same thing. My main point was that the alternative to bad plastic isn't no plastic, but better plastic. And better plastic isn't really something that you can spot from a picture.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:12 PM   #19
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Show me the “problems with the plastic” that apply to the Cadillac but not the Audi.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote