Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
CarsonK

Drives: 2013 Red Camaro SS
Exhaust upgrade

I currently have the SLP Loudmouth Exhaust I bought for my car about 6 months ago when I was just trying to find a cheap but loud exhaust I could install. Now I'm able to afford something higher quality and want to go for a catback with decent performance and sound, wondering who has personal experience with more than one exhaust system and what they would recommend.
CarsonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Welcome to the forums! My car had the SLP loudmouths on it when I bought it, they weren't bad. But I agree that I wanted louder. Went for the muffler delete which did wake it up but then had some drone. After tons of research and a coin flip between the Corsa Xtreme catback and the Stainless Works retro catback, I went with the SW retro. Loved how deep it sounded.

I now have longtubes, no cats, SW retro catback, and a cam. Sounds amazing and I get compliments 90% of the time I go out haha. Below is a video from when I had longtubes, no cats, and the SW retro catback only.

*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
All you will get is a slight difference in sound and no "performace" gain. And, of course, a lighter wallet.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Performance gains will be negligible. However, if you're not afraid to spend a little money, like Gunmetal suggested, the Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback is one sick sounding setup ESPECIALLY with headers. I personally have Solo's Mach XL catback for its guaranteed drone free experience, but if there was another setup I'd go with it would be the SW setup.

BTW, welcome to the forums!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
nothing performance wise will change until the stock cats are upgraded to H/F or deleted if state law allows...and this one change is the one that makes the most difference in both areas, power and sound. what does your state allow and go from there...

mentioned else where work front to back..why? spend your $$ on a cat back..love it and then(you will!) go for headers,CAI, $$$..etc...all of a sudden the sound you loved is replaced with this nasty sounding beast that scares the shit out of little kids, causes old women to flip you the bird and wakes up the 'hood every startup!...YESSSS..this is the car we want...right?!?!

I already post'd this in a couple of diff threads but AGAIN wtf..it is relevant due to cost, performance and IMHO the mostly wonderful sound ever at right about 6750! DRONE? ROFL..maybe my old age but I really don't mind(wife and I drove to the 'fest(19hrs round trip)and only going up mountains with the a/c in 6th at 82 mph was the drone bad) so I drive around the drone...and until I really step up the combo this exhaust flows fine...btw turn up the volume...
Old 08-03-2017, 12:51 AM   #6
CarsonK

Drives: 2013 Red Camaro SS
Thanks for the advice I think I know what I'll go with now. I'm glad I actually got to hear from people with experience along with video evidence rather than people with stock cars who act like they know what they're talking about
CarsonK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle back, cat back, exhaust