Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #85
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Nice to see more sales, imagine if they fixed the finish and fit on the car, and got all the electrical working right, then they can sale 10K cars a mouth to.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #86
Chevyman_Indiana

Drives: 2012 Chevy Cruze RS soon a 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Lol

Does anyone actually talk/brag about this crap in real life?

"Yeah you smoked me but my car is leading in sales" seriously? I'd probably call them a douche and walk away.

I've never cared about sales as long as it stays in production. I was actually annoyed with the popularity of my 2010.

Never really understood the comfort in the sales argument. But I guess when that's all you have that's all you have.

People can say what they want about the back and forth. Both sides have cronies who push it. But the sales argument was invented/pushed heavily starting in the dark ages of the 4.6 era in the Furd camp. Fact.

You may be unto something here..

"Furd" ... "Bustang" ..

should we call the other one..

" Mock1 "
Chevyman_Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #87
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I've never cared about sales as long as it stays in production.
That is exactly the point of why there has been so much chatter about sales from the Mustang6G side. We have been worried sick that we were about to lose our favorite frienemy for another six years.
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #88
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
S197:
2005-2009
2010: Exterior and interior refresh
2011: Drivetrain
2013: Exterior
2015: New Generation
2018: Refresh

That's 2 Refreshes and a new drivetrain, and a new gen in 9 CY'a and spanning 10 model years.
A "refresh" in the auto industry usually refers to sheet metal...
Old 10-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #89
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
A "refresh" in the auto industry usually refers to sheet metal...
That's getting really nitpicky.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #90
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Man, these threads grow so quickly. Before I have a chance to react, everything I have to say has been said.

It's nice to see the Camaro in the lead, but it's likely going to be brief. The main factors at play here are:
  • Slight bump in Camaro sales:
    Probably almost entirely due to incentives to get rid of the MY 2016 inventory that never moved.

• Big drop in Mustang sales:
    The 'Stang has been out longer and is starting to reach a saturation point already for the target market. Ie: If somebody wanted one, odds are they bought one by now. Ford knows this and this is why it's getting a mid cycle design refresh in 2018. I know a lot of people cited upcoming special trims like the Cobra, but the average buyer isn't that well educated and isn't holding off for those.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #91
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
As has been pointed out, it was not a huge sales bump for the Camaro; it was a huge drop for the Mustang. And even at that, the Camaro only 'outsold' the Mustang by less than 200 cars? And only outsold the Challenger by less than 900 cars?

Oh well... a 'win' is a win.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #92
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
That's getting really nitpicky.
Nope, I work in the auto industry for an OEM/supplier...it's the standard.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #93
iroc_but5.0sdont
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 camaro, iroc, 5.7, 350
I make sure that I take off my fanboy glasses when I view these things.

With what was offered this month I would have expected sales of around 8000-10000 units. What this really shows me is how many sales Chevy has missed out on. People who are in the market for a sports car buy in the spring or summer not fall and winter. All of them are greedy but GM is too greedy. Not offering anything until the end of the year will cause Camaro to continue to lose sales to Mustang. Fact is Ford has already accomplished what they needed to and Camaro is not going to catch the Mustang by the end of the year. I mean think about it people, celebrating the Camaro outselling the Mustang in September with the Mustang having sold more than 30k more units than the Camaro over the year is like doing an emotional celebration after a touchdown when your team is down 70 to 3 in the forth quarter with 5 minutes left.
iroc_but5.0sdont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #94
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Bottom line is many read to much into these sales figures...

Nobody knows GM's profit structure, what their sales goals were, what target net profit was, how much sharing a platform saves them compared to the Mustang not, etc, etc...

This back and first every month with sales figures, and not knowing any of the above, really makes zero sense. As long as enough are sold to meet their needs, and keep the car going, is all I care about. I would rather have the more rare car...
Old 10-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #95
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc_but5.0sdont View Post
celebrating the Camaro outselling the Mustang in September with the Mustang having sold more than 30k more units than the Camaro over the year is like doing an emotional celebration after a touchdown when your team is down 70 to 3 in the forth quarter with 5 minutes left.
Yeah, and at a time when the opposing team only slipped up for a brief second because they were too busy thinking about the after party and next year's following season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Bottom line is many read to much into these sales figures...

Nobody knows GM's profit structure, what their sales goals were, what target net profit was, how much sharing a platform saves them compared to the Mustang not, etc, etc...

This back and first every month with sales figures, and not knowing any of the above, really makes zero sense. As long as enough are sold to meet their needs, and keep the car going, is all I care about. I would rather have the more rare car...
This is a sales thread. Other threads are available.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #96
craz8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS black
Price/incentives is definitely the driver. Here in Canada, I've always seen more Mustangs than Camaros, but the Camaro has always been more pricey. Since the new gen of Mustangs have gone up in price (at least here), I see far less of the newgen Mustangs (about on a par with newgen Camaros).
craz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #97
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It's just funny that suddenly sales matter now that the Camaro had a winning month. As long as they sell enough to keep this thing in production, I really don't care if the Mustang outsells it 10:1.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #98
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It's just funny that suddenly sales matter now that the Camaro had a winning month. As long as they sell enough to keep this thing in production, I really don't care if the Mustang outsells it 10:1.
I will add that as a enthusiast, I appreciate the Camaro teams focus on maximum performance. Build the best car with the right balance of chassis dynamics and straight line speed.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote