Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2021, 07:50 PM   #29
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
Jaxcam02's video on page one shows that.
I have installed the same red lift pads. Unfortunately I don’t have flat top jack stands or extra magnetic puck.

Now I know I can use Rear Cross membrane but what about front?

People think Teslas are hard to lift but at least you don’t anything extra to lift the car up. You Just need a flat surface low profile jack. The only problem they don’t have any extra room for placing a jack stand lol.
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #30
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I purchased the 4 permanent jackpads and the magnetic jack pad from zl1adddons. I've also used 4 jackstands on multiple occasions positioned under the jackpads to hold the car up. Then I saw this video:
In that video, he discusses how you should not use jackstands and any "lifting product" to support the weight of the car and he provides other contact points. I also saw a thread were someone indicated that "zl1addons" cautioned AGAINST using the jackpad as a support point for a jackstand. My car seems quite stable with the 4 jackstands under the jackpads. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't lift in that manner? By the way, 2 jackstands have a very thin piece of plywood between them and the jackpads. The other set has rubber covers between the jackstand contact points and the jackpads. It really seems stable to me.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:51 AM   #31
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Does anyone know what size magnetic pad is needed in regards to the width of the opening? The zl1 add ons is sold out so I need on from amazon. I know I need the 3 inch length one but what about the width of the opening? There are two options. .39 and .55 inch.
I just bought the 3.9 and they fit perfect. I also measured the depth....exactly 3/4" deep.

Last edited by grampa_ss; 04-30-2021 at 02:13 AM.
grampa_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:54 AM   #32
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
I purchased the 4 permanent jackpads and the magnetic jack pad from zl1adddons. I've also used 4 jackstands on multiple occasions positioned under the jackpads to hold the car up. Then I saw this video:
In that video, he discusses how you should not use jackstands and any "lifting product" to support the weight of the car and he provides other contact points. I also saw a thread were someone indicated that "zl1addons" cautioned AGAINST using the jackpad as a support point for a jackstand. My car seems quite stable with the 4 jackstands under the jackpads. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't lift in that manner? By the way, 2 jackstands have a very thin piece of plywood between them and the jackpads. The other set has rubber covers between the jackstand contact points and the jackpads. It really seems stable to me.
I don't get it either. Seems super solid to me. Actually seems more solid than setting them on a flat jack stand.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #33
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
"there is a center jack point on the front of the car, look right in the center it's there. You do need a low profile jack to get to it. I like my ZL1 add ons so I don't have to worry about anyone else lifting the car either. "

So guys, for simply swapping wheels, can I just use the low profile jack to hit the front and back of the car using the areas discussed, using nothing else? no pucks, no pads, no stands, etc.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #34
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
"there is a center jack point on the front of the car, look right in the center it's there. You do need a low profile jack to get to it. I like my ZL1 add ons so I don't have to worry about anyone else lifting the car either. "

So guys, for simply swapping wheels, can I just use the low profile jack to hit the front and back of the car using the areas discussed, using nothing else? no pucks, no pads, no stands, etc.
i definitely would not. Your not going to be able to balance the car on two points. And I still do not trust the so called "front lift point" thats being talked about.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=12
Old 04-30-2021, 11:02 AM   #35
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
i definitely would not. Your not going to be able to balance the car on two points. And I still do not trust the so called "front lift point" thats being talked about.

The one under the door, lift entire side of the car, one jack? Works like a charm!!!! I do need a mag puck so the jack base clears the body work.

Disclaimer, I also have quickjacks, but I do use the single floor jack method frequently. Works on a Miata too, for the record.

Or did you mean the front center single point? I do not trust either center points. I use single side or quickjacks. Anything else I am not comfortable with.

Not to mention, to get that far under the center of the car, it needs to be a very long, low profile jack. No thanks......
Attached Images

Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:08 PM   #36
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
The one under the door, lift entire side of the car, one jack? Works like a charm!!!! I do need a mag puck so the jack base clears the body work.

Disclaimer, I also have quickjacks, but I do use the single floor jack method frequently. Works on a Miata too, for the record.

Or did you mean the front center single point? I do not trust either center points. I use single side or quickjacks. Anything else I am not comfortable with.

Not to mention, to get that far under the center of the car, it needs to be a very long, low profile jack. No thanks......
yea i meant the center one people claim to lift from the front bumper but that cross member is aluminum and isn't made for vertical stresses to be applied to it.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #37
DorsoDuroJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post

NO, I only have one lift, i'm saying jack up the front (if suitable) swap the fronts. Remove, repeat on the back.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #38
DorsoDuroJohn

[QUOTE=Nothing like an SS;11002265]The one under the door, lift entire side of the car, one jack? Works like a charm!!!! I do need a mag puck so the jack base clears the body work.

Do you use the previously mentioned Jack pad plus the mag puck?
Old 04-30-2021, 10:02 PM   #39
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Why would you need two

One in the center lifts both front and back.

With the staggered fitment of the tires, I need to pick up both sides of the rear or front to rotate. I don't trust any of the unapproved locations. Two jacks and two lift pads.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:17 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
With the staggered fitment of the tires, I need to pick up both sides of the rear or front to rotate. I don't trust any of the unapproved locations. Two jacks and two lift pads.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #41
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
The flat-top Esco jack stands have worked out well for me.
Attached Images

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #42
DorsoDuroJohn

The ZL1 addons Jack mag pad doesn't sit flush at all on the pinch welds. So it teeters back and forth until the puck and jack get up to it. It's like it needs to be another inch deeper. if you are off even just a little it moves to the side with the puck.

is this your experience or did I go wrong somewhere?