Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #15
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
OP, I would believe what the dealer said. Pushrods don't just suddenly bend, usual causal is valve to piston interference, or a binding of the rocker arm. Sounds like to me the lifter collapsed and the pushrod exited. Way more likely a lifter failure than a random bent pushrod. Either way its resolved (yes rather expensive), just enjoy your car. They don't call em "stealers" for nothing.
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:08 AM   #16
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
OP, I would believe what the dealer said. Pushrods don't just suddenly bend, usual causal is valve to piston interference, or a binding of the rocker arm. Sounds like to me the lifter collapsed and the pushrod exited. Way more likely a lifter failure than a random bent pushrod. Either way its resolved (yes rather expensive), just enjoy your car. They don't call em "stealers" for nothing.
I've been a Corvette technician at a Chevrolet dealer for 39 years......Yes, LS3 pushrods do suddenly bend for no apparent reason! They are weak! Valve springs break to on occasion. But like you say "Either way it's resolved", kinda like replacing a transmission for a bad shift solenoid....didn't shift before but now it does!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote