The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 01-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Please add me to the list. What is the AutoX cost not interested in drag racing.
Beech Bend Drivers wristband pre-sale is $100 for 2 days, but if you sign-up for the NCM road track it's only $75 more which is the $300 package.

Doesn't matter which you choose to do and it actually works out much better if you pick one like autox and go with it. There will be a new sign-up website coming for CamaroCross participants so we can line them up in time slots.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #44
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Not only am I signed up but I signed Joe up too!

For Joe:
What clubs you have run track days with? None
What tracks you have ran at? Spring Mountain
Total number of track days... 2
Previous experience at this track and how many times. None
Have you been previously solo approved and if so where and by who? Spring Mountain

For Me:
What clubs you have run track days with? CGI Motorsports, Mowhawk
What tracks you have ran at?Gingerman, Grattan, NCM
Total number of track days... 20ish - not nearly enough
Previous experience at this track and how many times. 1 time w/Camarofest
Have you been previously solo approved and if so where and by who? CGI
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Not only am I signed up but I signed Joe up too!
Oh!!! that's nice!!!
Old 01-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #46
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Signed up today.

What clubs you have run track days with? Speed Ventures, Extreme Speed, Porsche Club of America
What tracks you have ran at?, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Spring Mountain, NCM, Willow Springs ROAD COURSE
Total number of track days... 15
Previous experience at this track and how many times. 1 time at Camarofest
Have you been previously solo approved and if so where and by who? Bondurant School
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #47
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Will this event be limited to only 75 drivers? Providing the 75 is reached that is.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We very much want to keep it at 75. The track can allow for many, many more but as of now,75 is our set #.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #49
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Like I said count me in just waiting on my Feb VA check LOL!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #50
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Like I said count me in just waiting on my Feb VA check LOL!!!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:19 AM   #51
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
I'm afraid my little 6 banger would just be in every ones way. I'll try to show up for the parade laps though. Do you go past the museum to get to the NCM track ? We did the plant tour last time and went to the museum.

Thanks
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #52
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Beech Bend Drivers wristband pre-sale is $100 for 2 days, but if you sign-up for the NCM road track it's only $75 more which is the $300 package.

Doesn't matter which you choose to do and it actually works out much better if you pick one like autox and go with it. There will be a new sign-up website coming for CamaroCross participants so we can line them up in time slots.
Last time I got the impression it would be feasible to do autocross AND drag racing but the autocross finals took place at the same time as class drag racing. I did good on the friday autocross but was first out in finals so I could do some drag racing. Shame they can't come up with a way to do both. Not like they didn't have 2 years to figure it out
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 AM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
I'm afraid my little 6 banger would just be in every ones way. I'll try to show up for the parade laps though. Do you go past the museum to get to the NCM track ? We did the plant tour last time and went to the museum.

Thanks
You would be incorrect sir. Don't forget this is a 3 mile track and you'll be spread out. Someone comes up in the rear view mirror you simply wave them by on the straight and press on. Also, lots of turns where you hang pretty good in a V6. This is also not a competition and just a great, safe place to REALLY get to know your car.

Quote:
Last time I got the impression it would be feasible to do autocross AND drag racing but the autocross finals took place at the same time as class drag racing. I did good on the friday autocross but was first out in finals so I could do some drag racing. Shame they can't come up with a way to do both. Not like they didn't have 2 years to figure it out
We've done this for 6 years and it's very difficult to actually compete in both. Best to pick one and then go have fun with the other. However, we do our best to accommodate folks who make the finals in both events and will evaluate that even more this year. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #54
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:

Thanks
Bring your V6, you will not be in anyone's way. It's a big track with plenty of room, and it's not a race. Come out have fun and surprise yourself with how good the V6 is on track

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #55
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Bring your V6, you will not be in anyone's way. It's a big track with plenty of room, and it's not a race. Come out have fun and surprise yourself with how good the V6 is on track

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.

We're going to set it up so nobody is in anybody elses' way. There will be a LOT of new drivers (to road courses) at this event, and we're fully aware of that. Our classes and schedule will accommodate that population with two beginner groups, classroom sessions, and instructors on-hand to assist, ride-along, and coach.

We want everyone to be able to have fun while being safe and learning how to handle their car on track. It's a brilliant experience the first time anybody comes out to a road course.

I'm going to copy/paste what I posted in another thread:

6, 8, 4...it doesn't matter. The purpose of getting out on the track is to learn how to handle your car better in a high performance driving situation, and have fun while you're doing it.

You'll learn about proper lines through corners, apexes, braking zones, etc...and discover the limits of the car and yourself. The engine doesn't matter. I've seen folks out on the track learning to race in base-level, 5-year old Miatas, base model Audis, BMWs, a Focus one year, Neon....you could do a lot worse than a 300+hp V6 Camaro.

If you're even considering it, I strongly encourage you to sign up - you won't regret it.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #56
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
No better place to learn than with a number of friendly Camaro drivers. You will only hold someone up until you get to a passing zone and then they can be on their way. As slow as you think you are, in a 20 minute session you will probably only get lapped once, so any given car would only see you 2 times.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote