Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-12-2014, 05:12 AM   #281
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Alright...back on track

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #282
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
This thread is now stickier than CD07's bedsheets.
What is the recommended product for cleaning sticky bed sheets anyhow?
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #283
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I don't know, sounds like he is talking from experience?
That's what I get for trying to be funny . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis View Post
What is the recommended product for cleaning sticky bed sheets anyhow?
In this case . . . fire
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #284
CamaroDreams07

Come on guys. Finally got this made a sticky and we go completely off the rails...? We've got a lounge for that.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #285
ChadG

My apologies, back on track.

Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile vs. The Rag Company Eagle Blue Edgeless? You ordered any yet?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #286
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Sticky with a side of attitude.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #287
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Glad to see this finally got sticky'd!
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #288
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
My apologies, back on track.

Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile vs. The Rag Company Eagle Blue Edgeless? You ordered any yet?
I have both. My MM Crazy Pile weighs in at 75 grams, the Rag Co Blue and Orange edgeless are 78 grams. That's 454 & 472 gsm respectively. They both claim 500 gsm. Not many of my towels achieve the gsm claims from various suppliers though. My MM Summit 800s are in the 710 range (107gm), and that's when measuring their actual size of 15 x 15.5. Still a nice towel, a little dark for WW.
Performance wise between the Crazy Pile and Eagle Blue..... I’ll know more after a dozen or so use/wash/dry cycles. There isn't anything negative to say about either of them at this point. They are both VERY nice towels.
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #289
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
I have both. My MM Crazy Pile weighs in at 75 grams, the Rag Co Blue and Orange edgeless are 78 grams. That's 454 & 472 gsm respectively. They both claim 500 gsm. Not many of my towels achieve the gsm claims from various suppliers though. My MM Summit 800s are in the 710 range (107gm), and that's when measuring their actual size of 15 x 15.5. Still a nice towel, a little dark for WW.
Performance wise between the Crazy Pile and Eagle Blue..... I’ll know more after a dozen or so use/wash/dry cycles. There isn't anything negative to say about either of them at this point. They are both VERY nice towels.
That's a great thorough comparison. I never thought to compute my own GSM.

I keep hearing great things about the Rag Company. I need to try some it's just hard to justify spending more on towels when I only do this as a side job/hobby now.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #290
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
The rag company towels simply do not 'feel' as soft as the MM towels. The waffle weave towels from MM are way softer and a much higher quality. I have two Rag waffle weave towels that are fraying after just two washes. A Rag towel that I really like is their drying towel... not sure of the name... it looks like a bath towel. It is very soft and absorbent does a great job especially when the vehicle doesn't 'warrant' the dry me crazy which is simply incredible.

So I'd like to see some metal polish comparisons as well as some carpet cleaners... or spot removers. I know we all use APC most of the time but sometimes I need a little more oomph. :-D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #291
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Congrats, Matt! This will be very helpful to lots of people here. Btw, have tried some of your towel rec's and couldn't be more impressed. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #292
ChadG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
The rag company towels simply do not 'feel' as soft as the MM towels. The waffle weave towels from MM are way softer and a much higher quality. I have two Rag waffle weave towels that are fraying after just two washes. A Rag towel that I really like is their drying towel... not sure of the name... it looks like a bath towel. It is very soft and absorbent does a great job especially when the vehicle doesn't 'warrant' the dry me crazy which is simply incredible.

So I'd like to see some metal polish comparisons as well as some carpet cleaners... or spot removers. I know we all use APC most of the time but sometimes I need a little more oomph. :-D

That's interesting, there are certainly intangibles that you can't quantify without actually holding both towels. I may pick up some Rag Company towels when I do my CQuartz application instead of using my Microfiber Madness ones, that way if I ruin them I won't get hit that hard in the wallet.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #293
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Here is the difference between the Rag Company edgeless orange and The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1394997035780.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  41.9 KB

The MM towel is far better at wax removal and more forgiving when using with a detail spray... any contamination sits deeper in the towel. The Rag orange is a good towel but is really out classed by the great Crazy Pile.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #294
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
That's interesting, there are certainly intangibles that you can't quantify without actually holding both towels. I may pick up some Rag Company towels when I do my CQuartz application instead of using my Microfiber Madness ones, that way if I ruin them I won't get hit that hard in the wallet.
I think thats a really smart idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Here is the difference between the Rag Company edgeless orange and The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile.Attachment 608394

The MM towel is far better at wax removal and more forgiving when using with a detail spray... any contamination sits deeper in the towel. The Rag orange is a good towel but is really out classed by the great Crazy Pile.

Yeah definitely not identical as some are trying to say. Looks like a good towel for the money but not the best towel when only the finest will do.