The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
What kind of headphones?

Well I was wondering what kind of headphones y'all have to listen to your music or watch a movie on a portable device?
I know the BOSE are a good brand. Sound canceling is amazing and sound is crisp. Anyways, I don't seem to find them that attractive.
I heard the new Beats are now sound canceling, so that may be promising, but they are to flashy.

what do y'all recommend? My skull candy just busted on me, but now I want something with sound canceling, So I can enjoy my music and movies and forget about the world lol

On another hand, I won't be able to go for a run with them, because I won't be able to hear vehicles, etc.

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
I got two pairs of beats and they work great.
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

which kind though?

I want the ones that cover the ear, but seem a little to flashy for me, but don't feel that comfortable using the ear plug or however they are called lol

Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
which kind though?

I want the ones that cover the ear, but seem a little to flashy for me, but don't feel that comfortable using the ear plug or however they are called lol
I got the beats studio and the beats pro. They are awesome.
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

is the pro sound canceling?

Which do you like better?

have you tried the wireless ones?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Rocking a pair of sonys headphones I'm actually listening to right now lol

Went into best buy convinced I was going to buy some beats but after comparing them to my headphones I like these better. Believed I paid 70-80$ The sound quality is just as good as my last pair of drum set headphones, love them good luck.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
I use the JayBird BlueBuds.
They are wireless and have up to 8 hours of playback on a charge.
I have used them almost daily for 8 months with zero issues.

They come with a kit with 3 different sized ear buds and 3 different sized ear pieces. You insert, then Twist forward to lock into place.

There are 4 or 5 different models, the only difference I could find was battery life and purely cosmetic differences.
I have the ones with the longest battery life, I think I paid about $160
Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Bose QC15. THERE IS NONE BETTER.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I just use the Beats Solo. Love mine, movies music games sound great and people have to wave to get my attention. And I'm not one to blast music for all to hear.

As for running I just use a crappy pair of wrap around headphones that I place around my neck instead and blast the music. So that way my ears are free to hear cars and I can still hear my music. No sacrifice
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
I have sony and sennheiser pairs

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I LOVE my beats studios!! They are fantastic and the company is great with customer service. They will replace almost anything if you need it. The flashiness doesn't matter because they work so well
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Bose QC15. THERE IS NONE BETTER.
This is highly ironic that you started this thread today! I literally just bought my first pair of QC15s yesterday and I love them! I am listening to my entire playlist now as we speak (currently working on my 53 songs and 5 albums worth of amazing Paramore songs and it has never sounded so good), albeit I won't finish for a couple of weeks!

I have wanted noise canceling headphones for a while, so take it from someone who has tried them all, the Bose are indeed the best noise cancelers. However, if you want amazing sound quality in a pair of noise canceling headphones, try the PSB M4U 2s, they sound fantastic but are another 100 bucks. The cancelation is inferior to the Bose, but it makes up with its ability to play without using battery power and sound quality.

If you are worried about how you look (which is pretty sad IMHO) then the PSBs are slightly better, however, Bose has a special edition brown and slate model which I think is repulsive, but maybe you'll like them. And I wouldn't even waste your time with Beats. Though they may look nice, you aren't going to be as satisfied with them when using them, after all you can't see em' while you are wearing them, so I say screw Beats.

In the end I chose the Bose because, although I use them a lot at home, I use them at school too, and I didn't want to hear anything so I could focus on my work. I listen to a lot of Rock, Alt, and Pop and the Bose do a great job with all of them, I simply change the equalizer quickly if I know I'm going to be with a certain genre for a while (otherwise they generally sound best on the Rock eq if you have an Apple product). Gotta ask yourself where you'd be using them the most, and make your decision based on that. If there is always bg noise where you listen, no amount of money could get you better headphones then the QC15s...

Last edited by Scooter11; 11-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Lmfao I'm rocking the headphones that come with the iphone 5...don't listen to music that much just use them when I watch movies on my ipad at work.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Lmfao I'm rocking the headphones that come with the iphone 5...don't listen to music that much just use them when I watch movies on my ipad at work.
Hmmm, you are a long way off from reach audiophile status like me...
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote