The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #43
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Sorry swizlstick, but this includes you. You are not only being inconsiderate, but you are also a hazard on the highway and should be removed until you learn how to drive.
Let me append this statement.

If there are NEVER any cars going faster than you and you are NOT holding anyone up, fine. I do that too, but ONLY when I'm not impeding left lane traffic. I do this mostly on Interstates because the right (truck) lane is often bumpier than the left. But if someone is gaining on me from behind, I move over to the right to let them pass on the left.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #44
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
So I was looking through Yahoo news story and came across this particular story that got me thinking...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...211957738.html

In a nutshell a lady gets a ticket for going 2 MPH under the speed limit in the left hand lane. 63 in a 65 to be exact. The wording in the citation read "FAILURE OF DRIVER DRIVING BELOW SPEED LIMIT 63 IN A 65 TO KEEP RIGHT."

To be completely honest I'm kinda glad she got the ticket. Nothing bothers me more then a slow person in the left hand lane. But then i got to thinking. If going 63 in a 65 is too slow...I mean only 2 mph difference from the POSTED speed Limit which I'm pretty sure there is a reason its called the law. Is there a rule of thumb of how high OVER the speed limit you can go in the passing lane? 5 over? 10 over?
Strictly speaking, you cannot exceed the limit in order to pass. Speeding citations are issued for this. That said, it's up to the officer's discretion.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRain View Post
Camaro's high beams work well for lane hogs. Give em a light show.
At night time, yes, it works pretty good. In the daytime not so much because left lane hogs are usually oblivious to what's going on around them - especially behind them - and they never see you flash. Idiots!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #46
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Rule of thumb is however fast you need to go, bow chicka bow wow.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #47
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Something tells me this was moved to the wrong site's Off-Topic section.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #48
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
flow of traffic is the end all of descression.

if you're going slower than the flow of traffic in any lane; you're being a road hazard. thus, especially in california; you'll be driving avg 80 in the fast lane even though the limit is 65.

you guys ever notice those "you're speed is..." road sign radars? they're there to gauge what 85%+ of the drivers on the road drive. this number is usually used as an argument in court that the general majority public deems it safe to drive X in an area...

for the people, by the people.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #49
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Something tells me this was moved to the wrong site's Off-Topic section.
Yes, there is something amiss......
Old 03-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #50
Bad@ss'vette
Another C7 Dreamer ó_ò

Drives: 1SS/1LE ...this summer
Gaaahhh! I hate slow left hand lane drivers. I'm always in hurry to get where I need to get to to relax. My motto is the sooner you can get there, the more fun you can have....works most of the time
Bad@ss'vette is offline   Reply With Quote