Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2020, 01:34 AM   #1
19Camaro2SS

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Question Cold Air Intake Whistling after Doughnuts & RPMs Shifted

Okay, I am getting new tires for my 2019 Camaro 2SS. I (brilliantly, of course) saw this as an opportunity to take the car and do some burnouts and doughnuts to give the old tires a good send-off, and let my daughter experience the thrill. Four things happened:
1. I realized the owner's manual is not correct regarding how to go into Launch Control (states you can go into in either Sport or Track mode, but in my car we found out the next day we should have been in Track to get to Launch Control).
2. After doing doughnuts (did one, then two, then one, then one--nothing over the top), we discovered that the Cold Air Inductions cold air intake we had installed 2 weeks prior began slightly whistling during acceleration whereas it had not whistled previously. Question: What could cause this, and should I plan to install the whistle prevention gasket that came with the kit (though I've read online that it's not needed for the '19 2SS)?
3. After the doughnuts, I noticed the car doesn't seem to have quite the same pickup/g-force during rapid acceleration as it did before. I figured maybe the computer just needed to reset, but haven't seen a change since re-starting the car several times. No check engine lights came on, and we did the doughnuts in Sport mode with traction control off, and the car is a 10 speed automatic. Does this issue sound familiar? Did I mess anything up? I did notice the V4 light came on in fuel consumption, which I'd never seen before, but then it went back to a V8 light, and sometimes goes back to V4. I read online that this is just related to fuel consumption and there shouldn't be any effect, certainly not an indication of a problem.
4. To burnout last night, we were in Sport mode, took off traction control and stability control, and pressed the brake pedal while revving to 2k RPM, then released the brake and burned tires while taking off. We thought we were in Launch Control mode until we realized today we weren't. Could we have messed anything up? I'm hoping we didn't accidentally burn through the rear brakes doing this.

My daughter and I figured out today how to get into Launch Control correctly to do a controlled launch and stationary burnout. Hopefully that learning curve wasn't too expensive. Sometimes I miss the good old days without all the whiz-bang controls when you could just push the pedal to the floor and burnout and take it from there. Thanks.

Last edited by 19Camaro2SS; 09-02-2020 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Correct verbiage
19Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Maybe it's different but in 6 speed manuals you can access launch control from sport or track mode, you might have to be on "Competative Mode" while in sport though by double tapping the TC button. Also don't 19 a10's have line lock for burnout or am I wrong on this?

The whistle could either be that you never heard it before and now that you did you can't unhear it lol.. or maybe something came loose or moved, get under the hood and double check that all of your CAI tube and MAF housing clamps are tight and where they need to be as well as your TB bolts.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Bowtie_Driver

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Convertible
The '19 A10's do have line lock along with the Launch Control. But the OP is right, the owner's manual is wrong because you have to be in Track Mode with Stabilitrak Competitive Mode on for it to work, whereas the owner's manual says it can be done in Sport Mode as well.
Bowtie_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
Hotwheeltat

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Have you opened the hood and checked the CAI that you just installed? Maybe something is loose or out of place now.
Hotwheeltat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
19Camaro2SS

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Maybe it's different but in 6 speed manuals you can access launch control from sport or track mode, you might have to be on "Competative Mode" while in sport though by double tapping the TC button. Also don't 19 a10's have line lock for burnout or am I wrong on this?

The whistle could either be that you never heard it before and now that you did you can't unhear it lol.. or maybe something came loose or moved, get under the hood and double check that all of your CAI tube and MAF housing clamps are tight and where they need to be as well as your TB bolts.
Bowtie_Driver addressed the first part above (well said, by the way), and regarding the second part, I re-checked all the CAI connections and it doesn't look like anything is loose or shifted, but good ideas to check.
19Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burnout, cold air intake, doughnut, launch control, whistle