Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-22-2023, 02:28 PM   #1
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Dual mode choices

Anyone know of a aftermarket dual mode exhaust system or even just axle back mufflers that i would control by its own switch not necessitating activation thru the cars BCM.
Also i do realize i would have to change the rear fascia piece.
TIA,
Rob.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
If you have the factory NPP exhaust, there’s a thing called “Mild to Wild” that is basically a remote control for your exhaust flaps. Other than that, there isn’t an aftermarket solution for 5th gen Camaros that I’m aware of that utilizes the factory exhaust dual mode setup.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:00 PM   #3
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Hooker black heart exhaust exhaust. Has the dual mode that uses the factory npp lines.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:42 PM   #4
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Sorry I wasn’t more clear, I don’t have factory Npp I changed mufflers only and drone is annoying, want a dual mode that I can active by a standalone switch.
I know someone did a write up here that added the factory setup ( used takeoffs like eBay sells) and then used a separate vacuum or electric pump to open/close the diaphragms, I was hoping one of the exhaust co’s would have a retrofit type setup but haven’t found any.
Will have to keep searching for that write up if not available to purchase a new complete kit.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet

Old 06-22-2023, 10:56 PM   #5
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
Hooker black heart exhaust exhaust. Has the dual mode that uses the factory npp lines.
Thanks for suggesting that but yea it says uses factory lines so that’s a no go for my app.
It appears this company XForce has a system that will work.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet

Last edited by Rob99; 06-23-2023 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #6
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Sorry I wasn’t more clear, I don’t have factory Npp I changed mufflers only and drone is annoying, want a dual mode that I can active by a standalone switch.
I know someone did a write up here that added the factory setup ( used takeoffs like eBay sells) and then used a separate vacuum or electric pump to open/close the diaphragms, I was hoping one of the exhaust co’s would have a retrofit type setup but haven’t found any.
Will have to keep searching for that write up if not available to purchase a new complete kit.
I did the write up a few years ago. It still works great, never had an issue with it. Here is the link for you: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599161
Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam, TSP long tube headers, LSA conversion, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, DW 700cc injectors, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Dedicated Motorsports ZL1 reinforced brick, ADM Griptech 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, Phastek intake scoop, NPP cat-back, GM 3.91 gears, Eaton Truetrac, Tuned by Chris @ CHenry Motorsports.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:28 PM   #7
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Also this exhaust may work for you. I was considering this before getting the NPP exhaust. This is the axle back version (also available in a cat-back) https://bulletperf.com/en/nrWevy
Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam, TSP long tube headers, LSA conversion, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, DW 700cc injectors, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Dedicated Motorsports ZL1 reinforced brick, ADM Griptech 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, Phastek intake scoop, NPP cat-back, GM 3.91 gears, Eaton Truetrac, Tuned by Chris @ CHenry Motorsports.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 06:00 PM   #8
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Ey, I used that guide when I put together my system, I wired it a little different with relays so I could get power from the battery for everything and only use a small current from the fuse tap and other syatems, two relays in the trunk, one controlling the blow off solenoid and one controlling the pump, the pump one is triggered by a second relay that sits just behind the cigarette light inside the center arm rest area, with a switched power that starts the pump with the car and then with a flip switch I can close the relay to turn the pump off, then the blow off solenoid is attached to a button to purge the vacuum. I also tucked everything under the liner in the trunk, except the solenoid, this is mostly because I have a spare tire and could not fit everything.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2023, 06:25 PM   #9
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
I know it probably sounded like I was a madman rambling but here is a diagram, main reason why I did this is because solenoid gets VERY hot if you keep it on, also doesn't seal well so can't keep it off and pump always on, plus minimizing how much line the current runs through just because of engineer brain, I overthink stuff and worry how user friendly this system only I will use is, design took me about 2-3 months of experimenting. Oh also grounds not shown on this sketch, I just routed them to whatever the nearest bolt touching the frame was.
Attached Images