Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
Jasperjrjr

Drives: 2020 LT1 Camaro
Just bought my first camaro! 2020 LT1. Guidance needed please!

I have a few questions for you guys, I don't really know anyone in real life that has any experience with camaros or cars in general.

First question, why does my LT1 camaro show up as an SS camaro when I tried to get insurance on it? Seems pretty silly especially if I'm gonna have to pay extra. Any of you had to deal with this?

Also, I really want the MBPR exhaust since I have a manual transmission. Do you guys know of anywhere or good website to buy a quad rear diffuser so that exhaust will fit?

What products do you guys recommend to clean the interior? This is the nicest thing ive ever bought myself and I want to take care if it.

Do any of you have any experience with the GM cold air intake? I was looking at the rotofab ones but they wouldn't ship to California. Also any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated!! Hope I followed all the forum rules, please let me know if I didnt . Ya'll have some sweet rides
Jasperjrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperjrjr View Post
I have a few questions for you guys, I don't really know anyone in real life that has any experience with camaros or cars in general.

First question, why does my LT1 camaro show up as an SS camaro when I tried to get insurance on it? Seems pretty silly especially if I'm gonna have to pay extra. Any of you had to deal with this?

Also, I really want the MBPR exhaust since I have a manual transmission. Do you guys know of anywhere or good website to buy a quad rear diffuser so that exhaust will fit?

What products do you guys recommend to clean the interior? This is the nicest thing ive ever bought myself and I want to take care if it.

Do any of you have any experience with the GM cold air intake? I was looking at the rotofab ones but they wouldn't ship to California. Also any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated!! Hope I followed all the forum rules, please let me know if I didnt . Ya'll have some sweet rides
Congrats on the purchase!

Your car is 95% SS...you’re not going to pay 4 banger insurance. Lol

Take a look at AWE Touring system. My buddy has a ‘17 SS as well. He has MBRP. After hearing my AWE, he’s selling his MBRP and buying an AWE. The Icon rear valance is inexpensive and fits decent, looks good too.

Griots Interior Cleaner is great.

Most of the cold air intakes gain little power on a bone stock car unfortunately.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:

I bought the GM Performance Cold Air Intake, installed it myself and took it to the dealer for the free included tune... I love it, sounds great and looks great!

I bought it here: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304337.html
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:06 AM   #4
Jasperjrjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Congrats on the purchase!

Your car is 95% SS...you’re not going to pay 4 banger insurance. Lol

Take a look at AWE Touring system. My buddy has a ‘17 SS as well. He has MBRP. After hearing my AWE, he’s selling his MBRP and buying an AWE. The Icon rear valance is inexpensive and fits decent, looks good too.

Griots Interior Cleaner is great.

Most of the cold air intakes gain little power on a bone stock car unfortunately.
Hehe oh I know. I asked the geico lady and she never said. I just wonder why they have it as an SS? Hmm oh well.

Hellz yea thank you dude! I've been looking everywhere online for a rear diffuser for the quad tip exhausts I will check that out ASAP. Thanks for the post, im going to heed all your advise haha. I need to look that AWE system up on YouTube then. Are most parts for all the 6th gen camaros pretty compatible with each other? Alot of parts I look up say they will fit 6th gen, 2019 etc but alot of times don't mention anything about fitting my 2020.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #5
Jasperjrjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I bought the GM Performance Cold Air Intake, installed it myself and took it to the dealer for the free included tune... I love it, sounds great and looks great!

I bought it here: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304337.html
So is the sound pretty noticeable? Thanks man appreciate it. I would like to have GM parts under the hood for now just because of warranty etc. And I don't plan on doing too much to the vehicle other then exhaust/intake maybe some other things down the road. 455hp is alot compared to whatever my 2001 Ford focus has hahah.

*edit- damn that looks good! I needs it

Last edited by Jasperjrjr; 06-24-2020 at 01:10 AM. Reason: forgot text
Old 06-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Rotofab Dry is the only CAI worth doing. Otherwise just drop a green filter in your stock box.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #7
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Since this is your first "nice" thing you own, why don't you just enjoy it the way it is intended. Why do you want to waste your money on useless mods that do nothing for your vehicle except void your warranty
and cause you problems. Don't believe me? Read in these forums and you will see all kinds of posts about problems with exhausts, intakes, body mods, etc. Also, you are devaluing your car when you modify it and make it harder to sell, because everyone wants a non -modified car when they are looking to buy. Enjoy what you have and forget the mods.

Last edited by Jb54; 06-24-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Cc
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The GM intake is cool but $$ for the minimal gains. It is on my list of thing to get. I got the body color molded splash guards for the extra protection. And i think they look good. I would personally not mess with the exhaust but I can see why one would. I do not use any chemicals to clean my interior but that is my opinion.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
Camaro Rules

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Quote:

303 Automotive Protectant is a good one. I have used quite a few, and nothing has worked like 303!
Old 06-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #10
Mike Aruba

Drives: 2016 2SS
My best advice....stay away from this forum and any website that sells parts for your car. Your bank account will thank you.
Mike Aruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #11
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
So is the sound pretty noticeable? Thanks man appreciate it. I would like to have GM parts under the hood for now just because of warranty etc. And I don't plan on doing too much to the vehicle other then exhaust/intake maybe some other things down the road. 455hp is alot compared to whatever my 2001 Ford focus has hahah.

*edit- damn that looks good! I needs it
Yeah, it is definitely noticeable at more open throttle settings, if you are just gently tooling around you won't notice a sound difference but if you jump on it a little you can definitely hear it... And when you open the hood, it is always the first thing people point at and say "Whoa, that's cool!"
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #12
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The GM intake is cool but $$ for the minimal gains. It is on my list of thing to get. I got the body color molded splash guards for the extra protection. And i think they look good. I would personally not mess with the exhaust but I can see why one would. I do not use any chemicals to clean my interior but that is my opinion.
I am in the same boat for a lot of the stuff. The GM CAI is neat but too expensive for the gain IMO.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #13
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
Quote:
I switched my dual tip exhaust out to an aftermarket quad tip exhaust and just bought a used quad tip diffuser off Ebay for a reasonable price and repainted it. One piece of advise I would give you is to replace it while doing your exhaust. After I cut the stock suitcase off I was able to remove the rear diffuser and replace it with the new one without removing the entire bumper cover. I don't think I could have done it once the new exhaust was on as it would have just been to hard to get to everything! Also changed the red reflectors over to smoked ones while I was at it! Below is a picture with the used GM diffuser I installed.

Congrats on the new ride!
Attached Images

1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #14
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Just give your insurance company the vin number of the car they could tell you what your payments will be. If they don’t they’re lying . When I got mine my insurance man said get him the vin number and he’ll tell me the payments.