Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nice writeup, Brandon - glad to hear you've gotten behind the wheel....now, you're right - you need to get yourself one!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Hope that you have a good life insurance policy ,with a driver called ASHLEY one never know .
But apparently she did great , or you were lucky , beginners luck one can say .

Interesting statement as my names Ashley and I'll take the challenge to out drive you anyday.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Still trying to find out from someone if the new rearview mirror is backwards compatible. Do you know Brandon??
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Glad you guys finally got a piece of the action. My favorite feature is that it sits in my driveway!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Still trying to find out from someone if the new rearview mirror is backwards compatible. Do you know Brandon??
yes it is.

http://www.gen5diy.com/index.php?rou...product_id=107
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Hey Brandon, do you work for GM proper, or are you subcontracting through another firm that does Customer Service for GM?

When I did customer service for them in 1999, GM was just dumping all their regular customer service employees for $10-$12hr people. The outsouring firm was Sitel, which we all referred to as SitHELL, as their management was what and why labor laws are written. I did a 6 month internship during my MBA and turned down a job from SitHELL, as the real GM overlords who kept an eye on SitHELL lackeys liked my GM knowledge. But SitHELL only offered me $45k for the manager's job or crew leader who was in charge of 15 of us CSR/CRM's, whatever you call it now. The crew leader worked 50-60hrs a week so I refused and took a job in the $60's with 40hrs and no reports.

Anyways, we all got a chance to take a car for the day or week. I got to be buddies with the woman holding the keys to the car corrall, that held all the new GM cars and by Tuesday, their would always be vehicles not taken, usually a Chevy Astro Van and that type. But I found nobody ever taking the new Buick Regal as it was a putrid turquoise in color. So I got the keys and quickly learned it was supercharged!! I kept that car for almost a month, it was great.

To me it was the easiest job I ever had, I hooked up with a lot of women like Ashley, usually they quit or got fired before we broke up so it was like a living smorgasboard in that regard. The best part of the job was my SitHELL mgr being jealous of me getting an MBA while she was a failed lawyer doing her job from hell.

I bought a 2000 Olds Alero with the GM "employee discount" when you could still combine with the GM card for $5500 under sticker and drove it for a year and sold it at the same cost! I never got to take home the Tahoes or Camaros as the SitHELL guy mgrs would give them to the hot women in the group, can't blame them for that, they couldn't get anywhere by looks brains or $$$, so they needed something.

Next assignment, try coming back with an answer for peoples' questions before chiming in from afar telling them to call in. That does nothing for the rest of us. Everyone here is pretty good at complaining without a solution.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #35
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Brandon, great to see you! Glad to see you focus on the SS. We love our car, can't wait until next spring to drive it again and get the top TSB done, which our dealer knows about and is fine with waiting. I like that this car hasn't evolved much in 3 years, makes me feel like it's still new - especially with only 5k miles on it! Good to know you are real people, thanks for keeping us informed and have a great holiday season!
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #36
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Can we address the fact that the new wheels are hideous?

Nice car otherwise
This isn't the thread for this ,but I love the new wheels better than the old ones.

As far as customer service people driving the camaro, it would seem that you guys need a class to learn more about the cars you are involved with. Driving the car is a good place to start. The comment in the other thread about asking the dear if the camaro emblems comes standard shows me that you really have no idea about these cars. I guess it isn't your job to know anything but rather be a go between. I guess if that's the case it is to be expected.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Thanks.... pssst its a 2SS

Never mind its an SS/RS...
Pssst..No its not. It is a 1ss/rs ....no gauges
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
MyIBMssRS,

I can check into this for you. Please monitor your inbox for an update!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #39
MyIBMssRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Awesome! Thank you Obzen!
You should be a GM exec, you answer questions better than that douchebag everyone around here loves so much!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #40
MyIBMssRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
MyIBMssRS,

I can check into this for you. Please monitor your inbox for an update!

Brandon
Thanks Brandon, another member gave me a link to everything I need. Appreciate the help!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks Brandon, another member gave me a link to everything I need. Appreciate the help!!
I apologize for the delay. I was unable to get a response. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Brandon