Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
BHO

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Sad Story--Street Race Gone Bad

https://ktla.com/2018/12/13/suspects...jured-2-girls/
BHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yup people are idiots and street racing is all over in socal/la at least people in texas do it on the freeways at night but this shit is straight dumbasses
Old 12-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Not condoning the street racing but by the looks of the video the lady who was injured was 100% at fault. If he would have stayed and both the camaro and mustang drives kept their mouths shut she would be the one paying... That video isn't enough evidence to prove street racing was happening either (though it probably was because why else would he have ran).

Either way a bunch of poor decisions happened, (most likely) street racing, turning in front of someone, running,...etc. but at the end of the day it is very sad to hear about the girls injuries.
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
DWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yup people are idiots and street racing is all over in socal/la at least people in texas do it on the freeways at night but this shit is straight dumbasses
Agreed 100%
Old 12-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Idiots for street racing. Theres no rhyme or reason to it. Do a pull on the highway to get it out of your system but take it to the track.

Now for the driver. Shes clearly trying to beat traffic. You see her not even come to a full stop to make the left. I'm not saying you have to but if you have 2 children in the car and one of them is not yours. I'd be driving as if every cop was behind me; watching me. She had to seen those cars were coming. She tries to beat them to it. At least in my eyes.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
Idiots for street racing. Theres no rhyme or reason to it. Do a pull on the highway to get it out of your system but take it to the track.

Now for the driver. Shes clearly trying to beat traffic. You see her not even come to a full stop to make the left. I'm not saying you have to but if you have 2 children in the car and one of them is not yours. I'd be driving as if every cop was behind me; watching me. She had to seen those cars were coming. She tries to beat them to it. At least in my eyes.
She probably also assumed that they were doing approx the speed limit. Most likely, if they had been going the speed limit her turn wouldn't have been an issue. Granted, I don't think that I would have made that same move based on the timing, but I wasn't in the car making the judgement call either.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Is this more Fake news? I see no street race. I see a woman who turned right in front of someone who had the right of way. Needless to say the driver should have stopped. Chances are the driver is also hurt. The woman didn't even attempt to stop before making her turn.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Not condoning the street racing but by the looks of the video the lady who was injured was 100% at fault. If he would have stayed and both the camaro and mustang drives kept their mouths shut she would be the one paying... That video isn't enough evidence to prove street racing was happening either (though it probably was because why else would he have ran).

Either way a bunch of poor decisions happened, (most likely) street racing, turning in front of someone, running,...etc. but at the end of the day it is very sad to hear about the girls injuries.
The woman turned right in front of him. Looks like the other driver was not going much faster than regular traffic.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Please stop trying to downplay this accident because it is a Camaro that is involved. This moron in the Camaro (and Mustang) almost killed two little girls, how would you feel if it were your children involved.

If you want to street race do it in a place where you can only kill yourself or the other person you are racing.

Last fall my Family and I were on vacation in the Mountains of Virginia, we approach a blind curve and here comes one of these Lexus type vehicles hitting the corner in the opposite direction at probably triple the posted speed limit and 1/2 way into my lane, almost got us as we had to drive into the grass beside the road to avoid. There were 5 of us in the van 3-children.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Is this more Fake news? I see no street race. I see a woman who turned right in front of someone who had the right of way. Needless to say the driver should have stopped. Chances are the driver is also hurt. The woman didn't even attempt to stop before making her turn.
The camaro driver did stop. He had injuries.. and that camaro likely can't move under it's own power anyways. The driver who ran was the Mustang driver, and he wasn't injured at all.

Based on other cars crossing the intersection, those cars were going faster than the average traffic. Again I don't think that I would have made that choice to turn in front of them but sometimes it's hard to judge speed at night. I'd done a u-turn in front of a bike before that was quite a bit down the road.. he flew past me on the brakes and started bitching. He refused to give me his speed, but just due to distance covered in a matter of 2-3 seconds, he had to have been going over 100MPH in a 45MPH zone. I wasn't expecting him to be going that fast so I certainly never expected to be that close to having a collision. The distances in my situation were VASTLY different than this video though.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #11
DWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The woman turned right in front of him. Looks like the other driver was not going much faster than regular traffic.
Honestly I agree, it really doesn't look like racing is involved. Speeding, yea... but not by some crazy amount.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
DWR

Somehow I miss-read everything... I thought it was the mustang driver that hit the other car and ran (video isn't all that clear) and the camaro driver had just gotten side swiped or something and stopped. In the video the mustang doesn't look like it hit anyone...

So basically they are putting a huge reward on this person's head because of assumed (without good evidence) street racing?
Old 12-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Somehow I miss-read everything... I thought it was the mustang driver that hit the other car and ran (video isn't all that clear) and the camaro driver had just gotten side swiped or something and stopped. In the video the mustang doesn't look like it hit anyone...

So basically they are putting a huge reward on this person's head because of assumed (without good evidence) street racing?
It is possible that the Camaro driver admitted to doing so.... or that they had witnesses behind them that stopped and told the police that they were doing so.. they likely aren't putting that $25K reward out based on just a few seconds of video.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #14
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
yeah seems like a bad place to race, but clearly she should never have turned into them...
looks like speeding or not she would have at least cut them off real bad...
just sad that people got hurt...
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote