The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
:nono: I don't like this UNLESS Government Motors is going to break out "Corvette" as a separate brand. IMHO, it cheapens it significantly. If you want a "cheap" corvette? Go buy a Camaro - at least that's GM marketing at this point in time..............

They say ignorance is bliss, so shouldn't America be the happiest place on Earth?

Gotta love all of these people who don't possess the ability to think for themselves and become brain washed by the media...

This will help keep the corvette alive for future generations, I'm all for it. Maybe I'll be able to buy one a bit sooner now.
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-07 freak View Post
Didn't we hear the same thing back in `98?

Something about a special low cost fixed roof coupe?

"Buba"?
"The Billy Bob" aka Z06.
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
Vic

Drives: Viper GTS
Doesn't anyone read the copy for grammar?

Quote:
As we mentioned in our 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe First Look, Chevrolet considered a twin-turbo V-6 because, while it had enough power, it didn’t improve fuel economy.
You don't consider a V6 because "while it had enough power, it didn't improve fuel economy". That's a grammatical faux pas big enough to drive a truck through. Competent usage of the English language is fading from the grasp of the masses. ya no wut ahm sayin, boee?

You consider it because it has enough power, or some other positive attribute.

You could decide against it because "while it had enough power, it didn't improve fuel economy". You could even "consider it, but then decide against it". Any logic to that effect would be understandable. If this was someone who spoke English as a second language, that would be understandable, but that doesn't seem to be the case, judging by the rest of the article. This is how some native English speakers in the USA formulate concepts these days.

Pidgeon English is just around the corner. It will be a language option in the settings of your see-through, flexible, iPad 12.
"For common English, press 1. For old fashioned English where everyone knew how to read and write competently, press 2"

Evidently, automotive jouranalists today think a document is ok if it passes spell check.

Maybe I'm a bit nerdy, but it's undeniably f'd up to write like that in a national magazine.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-07 freak View Post
Didn't we hear the same thing back in `98?

Something about a special low cost fixed roof coupe?

"Buba"?
Yes. And then like now they were also saying there would be a split window version.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
:nono: I don't like this UNLESS Government Motors is going to break out "Corvette" as a separate brand. IMHO, it cheapens it significantly. If you want a "cheap" corvette? Go buy a Camaro - at least that's GM marketing at this point in time..............
Cheapen the brand? It's GM, it's not Porsche or BMW or Audi. GM is known for making the 'best bang for buck" sports cars. Honestly, those European guys that drive RS5's and M3's and 911's respect the Corvette for what it is, a cheap performance bargain and so this move to make a "base" model Corvette doesn't diminish that respect in any way. It's no different from the Porsche guy who bought a 911 S v.s. the 911 base model; he won't think less of the 911 guy because he's still driving a 911, albeit the base (cheaper priced) model.

Plus, you can't just say "go buy a Camaro if you can't afford a Corvette..." because they're two different sports cars. I drive the most expensive Camaro made (ZL1) and my camaro is the closest thing to a Corvette because of the monster power and nimble handling due to the MR suspension. However, lower model Camaros won't be able to keep up with a corvette in stock form, and they are much heavier (4 seater v.s. 2 seater) so really you're comparing apples & oranges.

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote