The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
New C7, 27 posts and some solid but vague content. Solid job. Come on now.
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
You really don't want me to post the details here, do you?

And lets discuss vague content..... the title to your thread includes "up to 1000 rwhp". So, by simple definition, that means anything from zero to 1000. That's not exactly solid content.

Hennessey doesn't have this market cornered. Especially since there are no LT1 out yet. Claims of HP are simply wishful thinking.

Last edited by New C7; 06-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #32
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
HPE1000 Twin Turbo Kit... WOW

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hen...icle-1.1399928

HPE1000 Twin Turbo kit already in the makes. Anybody here more about this?

Not a surprise, but pretty cool they have 1000 hp kits already in R&D.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #33
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280453
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #34
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Wow

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #35
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
That price jump from 700 to 800 is... well 36k is quite a bit for another 100 BHP. I mean, I understand there is more work involved... but damn. I remember Lingenfelter being a similar jump

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #36
occar

Drives: n/a
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that for 700 BHP with a supercharger they don't change the internals, but then magically 800 BHP with twin turbo (which will probably be less stress on the engine rotating assembly than 700 with the supercharger, and they do)?

Buyer beware folks
occar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #37
FrankBlue

Drives: They run, sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
That price jump from 700 to 800 is... well 36k is quite a bit for another 100 BHP. I mean, I understand there is more work involved... but damn. I remember Lingenfelter being a similar jump
I think more importantly is the drop in the warranty time from 700 to 800. What is it that changes their willingness to warranty their work from 3 years/36k to 1 year/12k? I would be very, very careful in reading the fine print in that warranty.
FrankBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
Corvettestingray

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBlue View Post
I think more importantly is the drop in the warranty time from 700 to 800. What is it that changes their willingness to warranty their work from 3 years/36k to 1 year/12k? I would be very, very careful in reading the fine print in that warranty.
once you start hitting those kind of numbers its to be expected. If you can drop that kind of cash.....the warranty really isn't an issue anymore anyways
Corvettestingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
occar

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettestingray View Post
once you start hitting those kind of numbers its to be expected. If you can drop that kind of cash.....the warranty really isn't an issue anymore anyways

But the 700 HP is a SC, and probably more stressful on the engine than 800HP with twin turbo is the point. The drive line would be under more stress, but the engine stresses are huge in that range. 700 hp kit is probably 875 ish internally with 150+ hp going to spinning the SC. While turbo boost isn't free to make, it takes far less power to generate turbo boost than the like amount of SC boost.
occar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
If a one year warranty is a problem, you might not want to buy performance parts from GMPP since they offer a one year warranty on their GMPP Approved Parts.

I agree, when you are running 800HP or more on a 3200lb car, warranty is likely the least of your considerations.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #41
FrankBlue

Drives: They run, sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettestingray View Post
If you can drop that kind of cash.....the warranty really isn't an issue anymore anyways
I get that, but part of me has to ask the glaringly obvious. They are publicly stating with their warranty that they have more faith in a GM built engine at 700hp then they do in their hand rebuilt engines using their parts at 800hp. I would have honestly thought that it would be the other way around. Pushing stock internals that far vs. a new rotating assembly built for the HP.
FrankBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #42
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by occar View Post
But the 700 HP is a SC, and probably more stressful on the engine than 800HP with twin turbo is the point. The drive line would be under more stress, but the engine stresses are huge in that range. 700 hp kit is probably 875 ish internally with 150+ hp going to spinning the SC. While turbo boost isn't free to make, it takes far less power to generate turbo boost than the like amount of SC boost.

You seem to be quite informed and experienced, would love to see some of the cars you've built!

Hate to do this, but have to correct you're very spot-on assessment in a couple of aspects.

a) All of our packages are rated at the Flywheel. So 700 horspeower is (drumroll please) 700 horsepower! Pretty incredible I know...

b) It takes 1/3 of a horsepower to spin the rotors on a supercharger. I feel with your experience and wisdom you made a very good point, that is an incredible amount of effort, and think of the incredible stresses a rubber belt puts on the crank shaft too.*

Thanks!

Mike

*Asterik indicates sarcasm on crank comment.

FrankBlue, (or anyone). I can send you the single page of our warranty agreement. The entirety of the less than 200 words is in size 14 font, and states pretty plainly that we cover all of our components, and anything we cause to fail and will happily work with any shop of the client's choice as long as it is a GM franchise, or one of our authorized service centers.

If anyone who actually has a Stingray is interested, feel free to post or shoot me an email, mikep@hennesseyperformance.com. We've built over 5,000 cars in the last 22 years, our products can be bought off of over 50 dealers in the World, we have 5 international storefronts, and 10's of thousands of customers between parts and car builds. Our Guinness World Records, and volume speaks for itself, even though people who have never owned one of our cars, or seen one seem to enjoy posting on the internet.
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote