The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 05-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
Wesens

Drives: '15 Z51 3LT Blk-Adrenaline Red
engine noise at idle speed

Hi all. I have a 2015 c7 z51. At idle speed I hear a vibration/rattling type noise coming from the engine compartment. When I increase the RPMs even slightly the noise goes away. Any ideas? I'm not a mechanic and have learned over the years to not poke around under the hood. Wondering if this is normal or if others have noticed the same type of noise. First Vette, so don't really know what's normal in terms of sounds coming from the engine. Thanks!
Wesens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
The engine uses direct injection and has a new fuel pump. It produces a ticking noise. There's been a lot of discussion about it on these forums over the past 2 yrs. Might be that.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:38 AM   #3
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
The clicking noise is the high pressure fuel pump and that is normal.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I think it’s the lifters or something. I have the same. Previous owner took it to the shop and I saw the mechanic feedback. I don’t recall exactly, but it did say something about DI and being normal.

Since I am about to have the engine pulled apart, I will have my mechanic check it too before we get too far into it.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:02 PM   #5
henryford

Drives: Corvette Zr1
In fact, there can be many reasons, it is quite difficult to determine the problem by ear, a thorough diagnosis is needed. The noise of the car engine can be caused by various reasons - an extended alternator belt, a malfunction of the cooling system pump, problems in the operation of the ignition system and/or the fuel supply system, elements. I had a similar noise on my Silverado, but after 5.3 vortec performance upgrades, all the problems disappeared, I found https://nashvilleperformance.com/sil...ance-upgrades/ a huge amount of information on how to improve my engine better.

Last edited by henryford; 01-10-2022 at 04:46 PM.
henryford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:03 PM   #6
Braham

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesens View Post
Hi all. I have a 2015 c7 z51. At idle speed I hear a vibration/rattling type noise coming from the engine compartment. When I increase the RPMs even slightly the noise goes away. Any ideas? I'm not a mechanic and have learned over the years to not poke around under the hood. Wondering if this is normal or if others have noticed the same type of noise. First Vette, so don't really know what's normal in terms of sounds coming from the engine. color tunnel Thanks!
I also hear the clicking noise. I quite worry about it. So, I want to find the cause. I think my car has some problems, right?
Braham is offline   Reply With Quote