Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-02-2022, 08:48 AM   #71
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
Any rear drive car will be about the same .How long have you been driving? Light snow is fine deep snow is a problem. Like any other rear drive car. I m in Montreal and when i grew up we only had rear drive cars and my parents made it through every winter. They got stuck a lot but made it . Front and or all wheel is a much better option these days .
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:12 AM   #72
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/4...-07645c537d8e/

^^^ That's 1/2 the cost of a good set of tires. Another option, buy a NEW small car like this one https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...-ba72bf7c6991/

under $13,000 sign up for Uber/Lyft/DoorDash/etc. For the car above, with good credit for 5 years that's $214-ish a month. You can literally make that in one good day a month on Uber/Lyft/etc. And the beauty of it, the cost of that car is a tax deduction. If you commute to work, Uber/Lyft have a feature that lets you schedule where you're headed (work or home) and will only pair you with rides heading in that direction. So you are essentially writing off your miles to and from work.

Another benefit, you can finance it aggressively (2 years) at about $535 a month and after 2 years you have an asset that you can either sell, or hold onto as a 2nd vehicle.

The downside of course, is that you have to deal with the public and if you drive on the weekends/evenings you have to deal with drunks. One of the perks for me (older single guy) is I live near a few major colleges, and there are a lot of college girls with daddy issues... (For the record, I never took advantage of anyone even the ones that were so willing to offer it...I hate being good sometimes).

Oh and my point for this is that the Camaro shines best when it's left with its Summer Only tires. If you bought such a car as a daily driver, probably not the best decision (can be forgiven as there's nothing so invigorating as a spirited drive to/from work).
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #73
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I think someone had this thread in mind....

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:01 AM   #74
David Zak

Drives: 2020 Cadillac XT4, 2022 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I wouldn’t think that it’s ideal, but It certainly can be done. Throw a couple 40lb bags of sand and a shovel in the trunk and head out. I’d be willing to bet that the Camaro handles much better in the snow than most rear wheel cars I daily drove back in the day.
I agree. I used to put a couple of those sand bags in the bed of my '87 S-10 and it made a big difference.
David Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:43 PM   #75
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zak View Post
I agree. I used to put a couple of those sand bags in the bed of my '87 S-10 and it made a big difference.
I just fill the trunk full of water and let it freeze.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:19 PM   #76
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_LT1 View Post
I'm thinking of taking my LT1 with the 245 all seasons skiing this season.

Is the car drivable in a few inches of snow? Where I go gets plowed but the there may be some snow and ice. I'd love to take the Camaro but I don't want to be a moron and get stuck.

Curious to see if anyone has experience driving in light/moderate snow conditions with this set up.
In Mother mid west LT1 doesn't drive snow snow drives LT1
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #77
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
I swapped the runcraps for equally-sized Sumitomo HTR A/S in December and they're decent in cold and light snow/ice, but when when the weather is bad enough I simply leave the Camaro parked and take another car with AWD.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote