Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-21-2023, 08:16 AM   #1
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Service airbag at 100+ mph on track

Yesterday at NJMP flying down the front straight and Service Airbag pops up on the dash along with the red airbag symbol. Click ok and notice about 30 seconds later the symbol is gone and all seems well. Never saw it again after that. Haven't messed with anything lately in the car, no race seats, etc. What gives?
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:43 AM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Front straight of all places? Turn 7 bumpy as hell and some of the curbs are rather violent, but on straight, kinda funny.

Did you brake really hard and lift yourself off the seat? I found myself pulling the belts tight after bowl and over the slight crest.

There might be service / code history that GM can pull if interested in going that route.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:57 AM   #3
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Front straight of all places? Turn 7 bumpy as hell and some of the curbs are rather violent, but on straight, kinda funny.

Did you brake really hard and lift yourself off the seat? I found myself pulling the belts tight after bowl and over the slight crest.

There might be service / code history that GM can pull if interested in going that route.
Funny you mention Turn 7.....i spun the car there yesterday lap 2 of the 1st session.. .. I know the track well and decided to go out in PTM Race.. Cold track, cold tires and a black C7 grand sport hounding me and I looped it to the inside grass and missed plowing the nose into the guardrail by about a car length From now on Sport 2 for at least the first couple laps and just let the flyer go rather than racing on cold tires and something stupid happening.

As for the airbag, it's the first time and the car is off warranty. So I'll wait till it occurs again before I put much thought into it. But yes, it was at the Crest after the bowl, maybe that has something to do with it. I had the belts crazy tight.

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:11 PM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
I almost ran out of road on Turn 7 when I came in too hot, buried my foot on brake and waited for speed to bleed off! it was *so* close. Probably in my session 3 video, maybe 4.

I ran one session in touring because I forgot to go track mode, only really noticed when i saw traction light blinking alot thinking "wtf is that blinking for"

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:10 PM   #5
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Based on the title of this post, I'm going to say, "No, you don't want to try to service your airbag while driving 100+ mph on track." Now, on regular road doing the speed limit, it doesn't require nearly as much concentration, so by all means, feel free to service your airbag at the same time.
N Camarolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:20 PM   #6
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Based on the title of this post, I'm going to say, "No, you don't want to try to service your airbag while driving 100+ mph on track." Now, on regular road doing the speed limit, it doesn't require nearly as much concentration, so by all means, feel free to service your airbag at the same time.
yeah the only servicing I was doing was clicking the ok button on the wheel