The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-07-2023, 03:25 PM   #8849
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sheesh. That's rough.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:18 PM   #8850
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I think we’ll be making some very hard comparisons of the Blazer EV RS, Tesla Model Y, and Polestar 2. The Blazer EV is already starting at a deficit in that the AWD (2-motor) version has significantly lower range than the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I cancelled. I got the official order request submission email. The only available models are 2LT and RS AWD (no RWD, larger battery/range). No Super Cruise. No Bose audio. No Sunroof (on RS, somehow option on 2LT). I don't know what they're doing over there but i'm not going to force it. I can stomach 60k for an RS if it has every box checked. Hope GM enjoyed my $100 loan interest free for a year. I'll revisit this once availability improves, option packages are reworked, and the inevitable price drop.
I haven’t cancelled yet but it’s the most likely path. My wife drove her dad’s Bolt EUV and liked it. We’re going on a trip soon and I’m renting a Model Y for the trip. After that trip we’re likely to decide either:
  1. Buy a Bolt EUV and hold onto it until we can get a Blazer SS specced the way we want it, or
  2. Cancel the Blazer reservation and buy a Model 3 or Y
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 08:11 AM   #8851
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
I haven’t cancelled yet but it’s the most likely path. My wife drove her dad’s Bolt EUV and liked it. We’re going on a trip soon and I’m renting a Model Y for the trip. After that trip we’re likely to decide either:
  1. Buy a Bolt EUV and hold onto it until we can get a Blazer SS specced the way we want it, or
  2. Cancel the Blazer reservation and buy a Model 3 or Y
I like the idea of a Bolt EUV purchase if I had to buy now. Luckily we can hold for a bit. I can't get over the lack of gauge cluster in the Teslas and the stupid tablet slapped in the center, otherwise i'd consider it.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #8852
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
We have a Blazer RS EV due in any day and we haven't had any interest in it. Maybe once it shows up, someone will contact us on it but imo, it's too expensive with not enough features.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:34 AM   #8853
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
We have a Blazer RS EV due in any day and we haven't had any interest in it. Maybe once it shows up, someone will contact us on it but imo, it's too expensive with not enough features.
Hit me up after it sits for a while and you're ready to deal

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #8854

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I thought the first ones had to be kept for demos or loaners and could not be sold....just sayin'.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #8855
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I thought the first ones had to be kept for demos or loaners and could not be sold....just sayin'.
I heard that too but ordering just started Sept 6th for those with the $100 reservation
Old 09-08-2023, 02:05 PM   #8856
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I like the idea of a Bolt EUV purchase if I had to buy now. Luckily we can hold for a bit. I can't get over the lack of gauge cluster in the Teslas and the stupid tablet slapped in the center, otherwise i'd consider it.
We need to replace my wife’s wrecked Volt before the snow starts to fall so I can get my SRX back and park the Camaro and MR2 before Michigan starts salting the roads.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 09-08-2023, 02:36 PM   #8857
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
GM killed that requirement because the Fed didn't make it so that retired loaners could get the $7,500 EV credit. They didn't want customers to miss out on that so they told dealers to sell them when they arrive.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:25 PM   #8858
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Question Platform Confusion

I was about to begin a new thread, then decided to post the inquiry in the knowledge thread.

I understood that the LaCrosse second generation (2010–16) had the Epsilon II platform, which was replaced with the third generation (2017-19) E2XX platform.

Although, I read that the third generation had the P2XX (longer) platform. It doesn't make sense, because the LaCrosse had the same wheelbase as the Impala.

Additionally, I understood that the Impala tenth generation (2014–20) had the Epsilon II platform.

Now, I read that it had the Epsilon II platform in 2014-15 and switched to the E2XX platform in 2016.

What are the facts?
Attached Images

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 09-09-2023 at 04:37 PM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:43 PM   #8859
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I was about to begin a new thread, then decided to post the inquiry in the knowledge thread.

I understood that the LaCrosse second generation (2010–16) had the Epsilon II platform, which was replaced with the third generation (2017-19) E2XX platform.

Although, I read that the third generation had the P2XX (longer) platform. It doesn't make sense, because the LaCrosse had the same wheelbase as the Impala.

Additionally, I understood that the Impala tenth generation (2014–20) had the Epsilon II platform.

Now, I read that it had the Epsilon II platform in 2014-15 and switched to the E2XX platform in 2016.

What are the facts?
E2XX is a program identifier. E = Epsilon 2= 2nd generation of the platform 1st X= body type, 2nd X = brand. So E2SC would be a Chevrolet Malibu Sedan on second generation Epsilon.

Impala, Lacrosse and Cadillac XTS were built on a long wheelbase variation of the Epsilon platform. I remember that the XTS program code was P1LL. Easy for me to remember because it spells pill and i used to refer to it as the pill. I can’t remember if Impala was P1LC or E1LC. Technically, either could have worked. I’m pretty sure Lacrosse was E2LB. Regal was E2SB.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:17 AM   #8860
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
E2XX is a program identifier. E = Epsilon 2= 2nd generation of the platform 1st X= body type, 2nd X = brand. So E2SC would be a Chevrolet Malibu Sedan on second generation Epsilon.

Impala, Lacrosse and Cadillac XTS were built on a long wheelbase variation of the Epsilon platform. I remember that the XTS program code was P1LL. Easy for me to remember because it spells pill and i used to refer to it as the pill. I can’t remember if Impala was P1LC or E1LC. Technically, either could have worked. I’m pretty sure Lacrosse was E2LB. Regal was E2SB.
If I correctly understand, Epsilon II and E2XX are one and the same?
This states that the Epsilon II precedes the E2XX: https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-platforms/e2xx/

When you say the XTS program code was P1LL, is that different than the platform?

Since the Impala, Lacrosse and XTS were built on the long wheelbase variation of the Epsilon platform, doesn't it mean they were on the P2XX platform and not the E2XX platform?
This only lists the 2017-18 Impala and not prior years: https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-platforms/p2xx/

But then there's this platform information: https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...vrolet-impala/

It's all over the place!

@Martinjlm I'll wait for your response, because it's driving me insane.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:30 AM   #8861

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
FWIW I have a 2017 Impala and as I recall at the time looking into the details, it is an Epsilon II platform, which was previously mainly used by Cadillac, but not for several years. I figured if it was good enough for Caddies, I'll take it for my Impala.

I never saw any of those other platform names mentioned at all.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:41 AM   #8862
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
FWIW I have a 2017 Impala and as I recall at the time looking into the details, it is an Epsilon II platform, which was previously mainly used by Cadillac, but not for several years. I figured if it was good enough for Caddies, I'll take it for my Impala.

I never saw any of those other platform names mentioned at all.
I would say it was the opposite way.....

Epsilon started its life as a mainstream platform for the Malibu, G6, Aura, etc. Epsilon II may have spawned a LWB version to replace the vehicles on the W-Body( Impala, LaCrosse) and G-Body( DTS), but I wouldn't classify Epsilon as a premium platform brought down to use for Chevy.

Now Alpha platform is one I would classify as that. Alpha platform was meant for Cadillac's use from the beginning. It's an expensive platform. The Camaro was then put on it as a way to spread the costs and why Camaro had a price disadvantage over Mustang and Challenger due to the pricey nature of the Alpha platform.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions