Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #15
rockclimbermi
Mike

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Camaro 2SS RS M6
Update: I wound up getting the stock tire sizes. I got Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. So far I like them. There is no longer a vibration around 80 mph. They are quiet and sticky. I haven't really pushed them super hard yet though. I have yet to brake traction. I have noticed they are definitely harder to spin than the P Zero's that were on there before, but those were almost worn smooth. They were fun going sideways when I accelerated from a stop and turning at the same time. I had to get maximum use out of them before they were replaced. The Indy's cost $998 out the door from Belle Tire. That included 3 year unlimited miles road hazard protection and lifetime balancing and rotations (which I can't rotate, but hey). Oh, I also get a $60 rebate. I needed an alignment. I guess the rears were out. I believe that was $109.
rockclimbermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #16
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Good Deal Mike - I'm glad you found something that works for you... and not a bad price considering you got the road hazard as well. I think you'll end up liking them better than the P Zero's long term and they are cheaper to boot! Enjoy it!
Old 06-04-2019, 10:17 AM   #17
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Going on my 3rd summer with the Indy 500s. Went to bolt them on a few minutes ago and it started to rain :(
I've been really happy with them. I'm anxious to slap my brain out my ears

I went 275/40 all around with 9" and 10" wheels.
Had a new rear sway installed a couple of weeks ago along with stiffer front end links so I'm anxious to put some load on that setup.
I found out one thing. While summers suffer when it gets too cold, winters suffer when it gets too warm. Left a couple of marks all the way through 1st yesterday. I love the smell of rubber in the morning! Smells like...

Hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow I'll bleed the brakes and get the Indy's bolted on.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #18
rockclimbermi
Mike

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Going on my 3rd summer with the Indy 500s. Went to bolt them on a few minutes ago and it started to rain :(
I've been really happy with them. I'm anxious to slap my brain out my ears

I went 275/40 all around with 9" and 10" wheels.
Had a new rear sway installed a couple of weeks ago along with stiffer front end links so I'm anxious to put some load on that setup.
I found out one thing. While summers suffer when it gets too cold, winters suffer when it gets too warm. Left a couple of marks all the way through 1st yesterday. I love the smell of rubber in the morning! Smells like...

Hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow I'll bleed the brakes and get the Indy's bolted on.
Fred, Do you have the stock rims? I was wondering if i should go with a square setup. Doesn't look as nice, but it would be good to be able to rotate the tires front to rear anyway. I believe the indy firehawks are directional so they can't be rotated side to side. How many miles do you have on yours?
rockclimbermi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20", recommendation, size, stock, tire