The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Remember Password When Logging In?

Why do my browsers never offer to save my credentials for this site when logging in? Is there an admin option behind the scenes that is indicating that passwords should not be remembered?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Updates:

1) Firefox will prompt to remember passwords, Chrome does not.

2) I am able to save the PW using Firefox, export the passwords, import them into Chrome, and have Chrome populate the user/password fields for me.

Definitely odd behavior, especially since I have tried so many different ways to get this to work with Chrome directly (Android, Mac, PC, Incognito Mode, etc.).
Old 06-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
The save username/password prompt are all browser dependent on the user's side and has nothing to do with the forum software.

In terms of staying logged into your account, make sure to check the "Remember Me?" checkbox when logging in.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
The save username/password prompt are all browser dependent on the user's side and has nothing to do with the forum software.
This is not always true. There are ways to flag certain pages to tell a browser to NOT offer to save credentials, regardless of what the user has chosen.

Quote:
In terms of staying logged into your account, make sure to check the "Remember Me?" checkbox when logging in.
My question has more to do with switching devices and constantly having to enter credentials when logging in for the first time as opposed to having it leave me logged in.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
This is not always true. There are ways to flag certain pages to tell a browser to NOT offer to save credentials, regardless of what the user has chosen.
We have not done that with any of the site's pages.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
We have not done that with any of the site's pages.
Yeah, that became apparent when I continued digging with different browsers and found that Firefox would offer the option to save the PW.

It's still possible that, since Camaro5 and Camaro6 support the same exact user session information, that it has to do with the way that the credentials are being submitted (you can effectively log into both sites at the same time, regardless of which one you actually attempt to connect to).

There's at least a chance that the login being handled through scripting on the client side is allowing the process to occur w/o Chrome recnognizing the process.