Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 05-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Best bmr part for wheelhop

The roads in my town have alot of bumps, especially near all the stoplights in town. I'm trying to find out which product is best for wheelhop, like cradle bushings and such. Their products say alot of them reduce wheel hop, but I'm looking for real world data. Does anyone know or tried their suspension parts one at a time? I want more power, but I need to put it down first, lol.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Subscribed, was wondering how to describe what the vert does over choppy mi farm roads during aggressive acceleration, wheel hop I guess would be accurate. On smooth pavement has no issues
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
The roads in my town have alot of bumps, especially near all the stoplights in town. I'm trying to find out which product is best for wheelhop, like cradle bushings and such. Their products say alot of them reduce wheel hop, but I'm looking for real world data. Does anyone know or tried their suspension parts one at a time? I want more power, but I need to put it down first, lol.

The first 2 items I always recommend to help eliminate wheel hop on the 6th gen Camaros are as follows.

BK063 Rear Cradle Bushing Lock out Kit - This kit locks down the movement of the rear cradle which is where the wheel hop begins. The kit cost more than the BK061 Full Poly bushing kit, but the advantage of the BK063 being a bolt on upgrade will save a lot of labor over the install of the BK061.

TCA059 Lower Trailing Arms, Non-Adjustable - The lower trailing arm takes the majority of the abuse under launch and hard acceleration. With the poly bushing and stiffer design arm, our TCA059 does not deflect under load helping keep the tire planted.

These 2 items will be the best upgrades we offer that will effect the wheel hop issue for a Street/Strip car. If you looking at a race set up for a car that sees little to no street use, we have a different selection of parts for that path.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me if you have further questions.

Frank Steadman
BMR Suspension
813-986-9302
frank@bmrsuspension.com
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
id agree with the arms and cradle lockout. super easy to install as well.

ive been piecing together the setup. last year I did the arms... this year about a month ago I finally installed the cradle bushings, and just this weekend did the diff lockout.

smart move yearning to be able to put the power down before adding more

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Booher

Thanks for the information guys, it's much appreciated! I noticed that kit was a user friendly install, but by using the non poly one, will it effect the feel of the suspension or stuffing it up, by not having any movement in the bushings? Did the ride change much for you poly? I really don't want to stiffen the ride by much more, my last car was an frs, and that has very stiff suspension, ool. I could do without bouncing around all the time,hah! I'll contact you bmr in the next couple weeks, gotta get to saving!
Old 05-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Thanks for the information guys, it's much appreciated! I noticed that kit was a user friendly install, but by using the non poly one, will it effect the feel of the suspension or stuffing it up, by not having any movement in the bushings? Did the ride change much for you poly? I really don't want to stiffen the ride by much more, my last car was an frs, and that has very stiff suspension, ool. I could do without bouncing around all the time,hah! I'll contact you bmr in the next couple weeks, gotta get to saving!
With the polyurethane bushing arms...nothing crazy stiff. Basically feels oem for the most parts but ypull experience better handling.

The cradle lockout same thing. Better handling, acceleration, and nvh is minimal.

The diff lockout, for the more brave.you hear and feel quite a bit more.

If you use the spherical bearings with the adjustable stuff. It will def be a bit more nvh transmitted, but handling will be top notch. For the avg driver you wont be able to tell the difference between poly bushings and bearings, except for the noise increase. But experienced guys will most likely be able to tell.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Is the Rear Cradle bushing lock-out kit compatible with a MRC suspended car?
Thanks!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
The first 2 items I always recommend to help eliminate wheel hop on the 6th gen Camaros are as follows.

BK063 Rear Cradle Bushing Lock out Kit - This kit locks down the movement of the rear cradle which is where the wheel hop begins. The kit cost more than the BK061 Full Poly bushing kit, but the advantage of the BK063 being a bolt on upgrade will save a lot of labor over the install of the BK061.

TCA059 Lower Trailing Arms, Non-Adjustable - The lower trailing arm takes the majority of the abuse under launch and hard acceleration. With the poly bushing and stiffer design arm, our TCA059 does not deflect under load helping keep the tire planted.

These 2 items will be the best upgrades we offer that will effect the wheel hop issue for a Street/Strip car. If you looking at a race set up for a car that sees little to no street use, we have a different selection of parts for that path.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me if you have further questions.

Frank Steadman
BMR Suspension
813-986-9302
frank@bmrsuspension.com

A few months ago I spoke with Frank at BMR 👆🏼About the same thing. His reply here is exactly what he told me. I took his advice and did the cradle lock out, upper and lower non-adjustable trailing arms and upper control arms. Then had an alignment done back to stock specs. I had all this done while doing full bolt ons and E85 flex fuel tune. You can definitely tell that the rear feels more tight and stable. I still spin a fair bit on the stock tires, but 470whp will do that. I’d say that I honestly spin about as easy as I did when I was stock. Considering the 70whp increase, that’s a testimate to BMR. I haven’t noticed any additional road noise, and bumpy roads don’t seem any worse now than they did before I had all the work done.

'16 1SS 6M, black with jet black interior, split spoke gray machined faced wheels, and black front/rear bowtie emblems.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:52 AM   #9
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Thanks!
Yes it is. All of BMR's stuff should work with MRC.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Thanks!
Ahouldnt be an issue. I doesnt impeded on the struts and shocks functions

Old 05-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #11
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Ahouldnt be an issue. I doesnt impeded on the struts and shocks functions
Thank you Mr. Powerhouse, just wanted to be sure- like BMR Tech said, this kit does cost more and I didn't want to have to send it back.

BMR Tech goes on to say its a straight forward bolt on install. But the rear cradle bushing replacement/reinforcement on my 5th Gen liked to kick my butt.

Any links to a more detailed install you know of for the 6th Gen?

Thanks!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #12
Booher

Appreciate the info and experience guys! There are detailed instructions under each part on the bmr website.