Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
My first CamaroFest was a blast. I won my C1 Camarocross class on the wet coarse Friday morning over a couple C1 SS cars Won my first round of V6 drag racing. Got my second guy a .1 reaction time to a .6 reaction time, about half track he hit his silly gas and my little stock V6 just couldn't hang (we both ran 95mph tho). Sorry about your bad luck in the drags Miss Ruby I think they should have figured a way for you to run. All in all it was a blast look forward to Fest7. Bet my car has some mods by then.
It's all good. I think my body was trying to tell me I needed to stand down anyway. I do not do well in the heat anymore & was once again on the verge of heat exhaustion. I guess when I ran that last run before lunch that I thought was qualifying it was the last run of time trials just before they started qualifying. I get plenty of chances to drag race but did want to run against some of you guys. It was little chance I would have won anything against this years line-up anyway. It is all for fun. At least I got in some good runs & got to line up against a couple of you.

On the other hand, I had a blast in autocross. I was really intimidated about running on that oval. I had ridden on that track with several great drivers. That wall is pretty scary. I think they did a great job laying out the course so it was pretty safe for us rookies. As I told some of you, I figured I'd have one of the slowest times and was okay with that. But for me, I won because each run my time was better that the time before, I did not break anything & did not run into anything and that is a win for me. I'll get better. Most fun you can have with your clothes on! Thanks for all the hard work everyone who put it together. I'm glad Music City Camaro club was able to help out with the event. Thanks to our club members who volunteered to help and a few folks from Bluff City Camaro club who helped as well.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #30
Snakeater

Drives: 2010 ss/rs Camaro///1978 Camaro
[QUOTE=Ryanbabz71;8576980]Are you on FB? Matt is going to post some photos on the JPSS page

Where on Facebook can we find videos
Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #31
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I haven't seen any videos but if you go to JPSS's FB that is where the pictures will be loaded to. Give him a couple of days as he has a ton and needs some recovery time. I'd suspect he has one or two of each car on the track.

https://m.facebook.com/JPSuperiorSolutions
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #32
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
This was my first autox, and me and the wife had one heck of a fun time. I did not care what my time was going to be, all I wanted to do is partake and enjoy. Mission accomplished. Definitely the highlight of the fest for us.

Thanks JPSS for putting this one, running it so well, and making sure all truly enjoyed, I know we did!!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #33
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
I am in no way complaining about the event. Had a failure that kept me from competing, but rode with a buddy and had a great time. Enjoyed the event as a whole.
Why was there non Camaro cars running the course??? This was CAMARO Fest...correct?

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #34
mp51998

We allow non Camaros to participate because we encourage everyone to participate. We would like everyone to go home and find their local autocross and continue the sport. We will discuss making a special class for non Camaros for upcoming events but we will not discriminate. We are all car enthusiast after all.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #35
SSL Callaway

Drives: 2011 Callaway SS Convertible
Had a blast, both driving as well as working the corners. Fun and new friends while driving Camaros ... doesn't get any better than that.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:08 AM   #36
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
We allow non Camaros to participate because we encourage everyone to participate. We would like everyone to go home and find their local autocross and continue the sport. We will discuss making a special class for non Camaros for upcoming events but we will not discriminate. We are all car enthusiast after all.
Wait, what? I thought it was CAMAROfest! It is not Corvettefest or Chevyfest or Iso Rivoltafest or Mustangfest or fahrvengnugenfest or Priusfest or Car-enthusiastfest! Where does it say we have to let all makes and models participate?

I don't go to CAMAROFest to promote participation in motor sports among all car enthusiasts, I do so to have fun with and share camaraderie with CAMARO owners....more specifically Generation 5 Camaro owners. If I wanted to see how my car fared against Corvettes and Cadillacs I would go to Super Chevy Show or LS fest or join the SCCA.

Should we have moved over and made room for our Mustang brothers to park alongside us since we won't discriminate and they are car enthusiasts too? Good grief! Are we being discriminatory by calling the website "Camaro 5" ? Gosh, I would not want to hack off all the Prius owners!
Why isn't it good enough that we let a Corvette participate enough to see how they do or just to get a time without having to provide a class and or a trophy? Ain't that being "friendly" enough to our sister model? It is there I draw the line though.

I love Corvettes probably more than the next guy, but come on, this is CAMAROFest! Am I the only one who feels this way?
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:16 AM   #37
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
Wait, what? I thought it was CAMAROfest! It is not Corvettefest or Chevyfest or Iso Rivoltafest or Mustangfest or fahrvengnugenfest or Priusfest or Car-enthusiastfest! Where does it say we have to let all makes and models participate?

I don't go to CAMAROFest to promote participation in motor sports among all car enthusiasts, I do so to have fun with and share camaraderie with CAMARO owners....more specifically Generation 5 Camaro owners. If I wanted to see how my car fared against Corvettes and Cadillacs I would go to Super Chevy Show or LS fest or join the SCCA.

Should we have moved over and made room for our Mustang brothers to park alongside us since we won't discriminate and they are car enthusiasts too? Good grief! Are we being discriminatory by calling the website "Camaro 5" ? Gosh, I would not want to hack off all the Prius owners!
Why isn't it good enough that we let a Corvette participate enough to see how they do or just to get a time without having to provide a class and or a trophy? Ain't that being "friendly" enough to our sister model? It is there I draw the line though.

I love Corvettes probably more than the next guy, but come on, this is CAMAROFest! Am I the only one who feels this way?
+1.
...and I believe 2 corvettes both took home trophies in the C4 class.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #38
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post

I bleed Chevrolet, but I also agree. This is CAMAROFest!!!!

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #39
mp51998

We're on fire today. Perhaps discriminate was a poor choice of words. I just had this conversation with my wife last night. I don't care if other cars run the CAMAROCross at the CAMAROFest. Perhaps someone who doesn't have a Camaro comes and is persuaded to buy one by his or hers cars lack of performance or looks. Would we say they can't have one because it wasn't their first choice? I think we would welcome them with open arms.
Who cares if Mustangs or Miatas or M3 run the course with us maybe it's all they have. I do tend to agree they shouldn't necessarily receive a trophy. By suggesting that we create a class for non Camaros I didn't infer that they would receive a trophy. I meant it would free up trophies for Camaros. It's my wife's feeling we shouldn't even have a separate class for non Camaros. I am just one person in a committee that decides the rules and will make the suggestions that I feel Camaro5 is wanting and then we decide what works best for our group. We try to keep it as simple as we can.
Since everyone is so passionate about having non Camaros participate I will make two suggestions. First, that no Non Camaros are allowed to run. That includes Corvettes, Firebirds since technically they are not Camaros, GTO or any other GM make. Second would be to include everyone but only let Camaros participate in the finals and receive trophies.

Last edited by mp51998; 08-11-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
What can be better at CAMAROFEST than beating a Corvette on the CamaroCross?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #41
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
We're on fire today. Perhaps discriminate was a poor choice of words. I just had this conversation with my wife last night. I don't care if other cars run the CAMAROCross at the CAMAROFest. Perhaps someone who doesn't have a Camaro comes and is persuaded to buy one by his or hers cars lack of performance or looks. Would we say they can't have one because it wasn't their first choice? I think we would welcome them with open arms.
Who cares if Mustangs or Miatas or M3 run the course with us maybe it's all they have. I do tend to agree they shouldn't necessarily receive a trophy. By suggesting that we create a class for non Camaros I didn't infer that they would receive a trophy. I meant it would free up trophies for Camaros. It's my wife's feeling we shouldn't even have a separate class for non Camaros. I am just one person in a committee that decides the rules and will make the suggestions that I feel Camaro5 is wanting and then we decide what works best for our group. We try to keep it as simple as we can.
Since everyone is so passionate about not having non Camaros participate I will make two suggestions. First, that no Non Camaros are allowed to run. That includes Corvettes, Firebirds since technically they are not Camaros, GTO or any other GM make. Second would be to include everyone but only let Camaros participate in the finals and receive trophies.
I like the idea that everyone gets to compete for times regardless of make or model (except Mustangs.. Lol) and I like to see the "final trophy rounds" to be Camaros only. I loved the new format with thenew course layout and then the elimination rounds , but I must have missed something from the drivers meeting and what happened on the track. I thought it was said that when there were only 2 cars left in each class , that it would be the best of a 3 run average to determine the #1 car. But it seemed that it came down to only a single run to determine the class winner between the two remaining cars. I assumed that it was changed to condense the time and the final 2 drivers were made aware of this before their last run.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #42
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
I like the idea that everyone gets to compete for times regardless of make or model (except Mustangs.. Lol) and I like to see the "final trophy rounds" to be Camaros only. I loved the new format with thenew course layout and then the elimination rounds.
This.

Let me start off by saying I really liked the grouping based on tires, power, suspension, etc and as we saw in most classes it seemed like the balance was fine. The restructure of the course for finals was another great idea.

However, I think having the Corvettes or whatever other cars wanting to run is fine, but the big problem is when the other cars are grouped in the same class. This isn't SCCA, this is CamaroCross at Camaro Fest. I'm not sure if the Corvettes were awarded Trophy's in C4 class but they definitely took a couple spots away from other Camaro's that could have been in the finals.

Ultimately There should be a separate class for the "other cars" Heck, we had a C5 class for shop cars, and IIRC there was only one or two shop cars running. We could have had the other cars go into that class, rather than a Camaro Class. Had I known the structure of the event I could have brought a family members C7 Corvette and competed in the C4 class (same as my ZL1) and gotten better times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
What can be better at CAMAROFEST than beating a Corvette on the CamaroCross?
Didn't only 1 Camaro beat the Corvette times? Out of like 80 Camaro's present.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote