#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2024, 07:42 PM   #1
humblemoto

Drives: '22 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Multi Purpose Alignment - Help

Hey folks, hopefully you can help me out

Second season for my ZL1 1LE and I'm trying to optimize for the scenarios I find myself in and have a conundrum. I have what I think are two opposite use-cases I'm trying to balance, high speed roll and track days. I'm at 800whp right now and building for 1000+ this winter. 305 Pilot 4S fronts and 345 R888R rears, I have a smoothboost so I can turn it down for track days.

70% - 40-160mph
30% - track days (handful a year)

Spent some time searching to understand alignment and found that track alignments want negative camber for better footprint while the tires are loaded side to side and neutral toe for balanced responsiveness on steering, neither lazy or twitchy.

I may not know where to look or what to search but alignment info for roll racing was hard to find, the best I could find was rear toe-in to help the car track straight. I don't know how much is enough vs extreme.

I'm trying to understand where the compromise is and what my expectations should be in both scenarios, here's my theory craft, please poke holes.

Front -3* camber, 0 toe
(Good turn-in on track, 0 toe twitchy at high speeds?)

Rear -1* camber, 3mm toe in (6mm toe total)
(Slightly less camber for better footprint and more toe to push forward)

Is this attempt to balance both logical? Do I just go for a moderately agressive track alignment and hope it tracks straight on the road? I'm not familiar with toe-in for rwd track driving, seems like it would lend to oversteer. I would just do a track alignment if I could get 800-1000 rwhp to track straight on the street.

I'm ready for my punishment, let me hear it!
humblemoto is offline   Reply With Quote