Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
baLListica45

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to baLListica45
I made some minor revision, mainly to the last paragraph.

"
In hopes of resolving this matter, the following thorough documentation will be provided upon request: phone records detailing times and dates, visits to the dealership, photos of the vehicle prior to leaving the dealership, and numerous emails. I am open to negotiations of resolution, and believe there several acceptable options should be considered. What could’ve been an excellent opportunity to gain loyalty and trust in a new customer as a reputable and customer service oriented dealership, has now become a two month long headache."
Old 09-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #30
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
I am open to negotiations of resolution, and believe there "are" several acceptable options "to" be considered.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #31
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I might consider revising for brevity. I don't know if that's how you normally write, but it seems unnecessarily stiff in a way (you're not writing legalese, nor are you Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada)- that it might not need to be at this point. If you're open to suggestions--

The letter sounds a bit rant-ish. You do have a legitimate rant, but a lot of the smaller details (87 octane gas, for example) are moot at this point and you're not looking to hang people or complain--you want swift action based on things that were obviously handled incorrectly. You're asking for resolution to your damages NOW, or you're asking the dealership to take back the Camaro and provide you with a new, undamaged unit. You need to be clear about that in the first paragraph. Provide the VIN. State that you need the issue escalated as it's gone unresolved.

Then, tell an abbreviated story of your troubles (with names, dates/times) to illustrate how specific people and timelines became unacceptable.

Be sure to provide your contact information (telephone, address, email). Sound eager to work collaboratively, nothing derogatory or accusatory. Remember, this is the letter you're going to present in small claims court, or forward to the BBB, if you have to escalate to that point. They've already lost you as a customer; they know that, no need to state it again.

Good luck!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #32
baLListica45

I feel like a lot of the information in the beginning (regarding recall issues) leads into the delivery and so forth. Any suggestions what I might cut out (aside from fueling lol).
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #33
baLListica45

and as for Meryl Streep.... i prefer "the devil wears 5.11" can we try not to make this too feminine bahaha. see your Private Messages evergreen =)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #34
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I might consider revising for brevity. I don't know if that's how you normally write, but it seems unnecessarily stiff in a way (you're not writing legalese, nor are you Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada)- that it might not need to be at this point. If you're open to suggestions--

The letter sounds a bit rant-ish. You do have a legitimate rant, but a lot of the smaller details (87 octane gas, for example) are moot at this point and you're not looking to hang people or complain--you want swift action based on things that were obviously handled incorrectly. You're asking for resolution to your damages NOW, or you're asking the dealership to take back the Camaro and provide you with a new, undamaged unit. You need to be clear about that in the first paragraph. Provide the VIN. State that you need the issue escalated as it's gone unresolved.

Then, tell an abbreviated story of your troubles (with names, dates/times) to illustrate how specific people and timelines became unacceptable.

Be sure to provide your contact information (telephone, address, email). Sound eager to work collaboratively, nothing derogatory or accusatory. Remember, this is the letter you're going to present in small claims court, or forward to the BBB, if you have to escalate to that point. They've already lost you as a customer; they know that, no need to state it again.

Good luck!

This. All of this.

One more thing. Consider trimming out the distraction complaints and get this letter down to half the size that it is now. The audience will lose the main focus of your issue and the resolution that you want when trying to follow all the side complaints and related details.

Oh, I almost forgot. You have this thread running in two places on the forum. I'm shocked that the forum police have not scolded you for double posting. You might want to remove one before they catch up to you.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #35
baLListica45

Roger that, agreed. Am I sending the next one to ya to proof? also, will take that one down.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #36
lancetkenyon

Drives: 2015 2SS RS "Green Flash"
You are not the only one with "New car issues from the lot".

I am about ready to drive my wife's new 2014 Camaro SS through the dealership windows.

$4K in paint/body damage from the lot which the dealership agreed to fix at the time of purchase, which then took 3 weeks and 3 trips down to look at it by ME to get it right after they said it was perfect. Claims were made about having the "good detailer" do the work, overspray all over the car, more scratches than were on it when we took it in, etc. But they did finally go above and beyond the third time, by painting the front and rear valences to match the body color at no charge to us.

The car also had a low tire pressure reading on the dash at the time of purchase. Took it in, and they "recalibrated" the TPMS. Then, they had to put air in the tire while at the body shop getting repaired for 3 weeks. Get it back, take it and put new rims on, and use the stock TPMS sensors. A week later, get another low tire pressure. Take it to the dealership for the problem and they "recalibrate" the TPMS again......but failed to even CHECK the tire for leaks, stating that "checking the tire for leaks will ruin the rim"! They told my wife to take it home and see if the problem comes back, and I told her NO WAY! Called a manager and he had them check the tire....guess what....yep....a hole in the new tire. Dealership orders a new tire, and two days later, while attempting to change the tire....RUIN THE BRAND NEW RIM! Now we are waiting for the new rim to come in, and they are having Discount Tire put it on. I mean, why can a dealership NOT HAVE A MACHINE OR CREW TO CHANGE A FREAKING TIRE without ruining it??? That was on Monday, my wife is STILL without her car.

We also bought the 100K mile full service and warranty package. Meaning it covers EVERYTHING except for tires. Glass, wipers, brakes, belts, dents/dings, all maintenance, fluids, etc. Well, my wife caught a rock, like all Arizonans do eventually, and when she took it down for the TPMS, asked the service writer about getting it replaced, since Chevy will cover it under the contract we paid for. The guy has the nerve to tell my wife to have our car insurance cover it, as it won't be out of Chevy's pocket that way......

I swear, if I was not out of town I would go ballistic on the GM. The absolute WORST CS I have ever dealt with. I actually wonder if the GM knows how much $$$ his service staff is costing the company due to nothing but a lack of attention to detail and courtesy/carelessness?
lancetkenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #37
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I sent a heads of to William of C5 Chevrolet Customer Service on this, maybe he can advise. Hope you get it worked out.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #38
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I'm sorry - I admit to not reading you entire post... it's just too long. I do hope you get your problems worked out though, and I DID thoroughly check out your avatar.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #39
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by baLListica45 View Post
It was rushed as the sales rep was ready to go. However, I have photos of the vehicle prior to leaving the dealerships that the damage can be seen.
Hey you shouldn't stop there. You should also go to the attorney general and submit a complaint.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #40
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
and I DID thoroughly check out your avatar.
HAhahahahaha

I couldn't agree more with you brother.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 09-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #41
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
HAhahahahaha

I couldn't agree more with you brother.
Yours has been studied closely more than a few times as well. Gunner.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #42
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Yours has been studied closely more than a few times as well. Gunner.
lol, i'm sure.