Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #1303
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
I haven't checked in here in a while because I picked up my car Friday and it's been a total blast. It is definitely an attention grabber still. The car is an absolute joy to drive. If you bought an auto for the traffic, then I understand and you will still enjoy......but whether you bought a V6 or V8, the 6 speed is just two tons of fun and I don't regret my decision for anything.

Mods that need to be done right away......

-Tinted windows
-Short Throw Shifter (seriously the stock shifter is like rowing a boat).

Down the road I'm planning some painted on stripes (just didn't want vinyl on the car) and then some additional performance mods.
congrats, thanks for rubbing it in maybe i'll see you around town.
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #1304
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Uhhhh, I have a feeling I know exactly how you feel... I rolled out of bed way before the chickens this am, and I usually roll out at the crack of noon when I'm off work... Oh, I work 28 days on, 28 days off... so yeah the crack of noon is legitimate... and I've been trolling around afraid to get more than three feet from my #$&%%^$#% cell phone....I had to go into Austin today and searched and eye f^%&$%'ed every truck headed north on my wayhome hoping to see a car hauler. I even ate lunch at an access road burger joint and stared out looking for car haulers the whole time...

I posted a question for the legal eagles on the general forum front page that all of us may need to heed, it's about the price increase and are we liable for it...
I was scared that my car was gonna arrive today at the dealership and i wouldnt know it cuz my phone died...and then even if the dealer got a hold of me I wouldnt be able to take pictures cuz i left my camera at home... so in a way im happy it didnt arrive today otherwise i wouldnt have gotten a chance to take pictures of it coming of the truck...

btw let me know if you find out any info about the price increase...i thought GM just increased the price in september or something...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #1305
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Quote:
Congrats and thanks for the info... I'm also going to get a short throw shifter. MGW should be going into production this week. This is the one I'm ordering. He had to wait for a supplier to provide the inner boot before he could go itno full service delivery and order taking... I read several threads on the MGW and the Hurst. A friend has a MGW in his vette and it is the bomb. The new MGW looks bad a&&.

Yes, that one is on my short list for sure.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #1306
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
I was scared that my car was gonna arrive today at the dealership and i wouldnt know it cuz my phone died...and then even if the dealer got a hold of me I wouldnt be able to take pictures cuz i left my camera at home... so in a way im happy it didnt arrive today otherwise i wouldnt have gotten a chance to take pictures of it coming of the truck...

btw let me know if you find out any info about the price increase...i thought GM just increased the price in september or something...
Uhhhmmmm.... I was told the truck would just arrive so I probably would not be able to take pic's of it coming off said truck, but.... BUT... my camera is in my car that I'm trading in, the memory chip is emptied, and the battery is fully charged. The whole time i'm on this blankety blank puter, my phone is next to me on the charger. My paperwork and buyers check are on the bar under the keys to the car I'm trading in. If I leave the house for even a minute, it's all with me. My wife thinks I've lost myever loving mind... She just rolls her eyes and walks off. Secretly she is enjoying it though, I've cooked for the last four or five days, and cleaned the house like a mad man, and installed the two new cabinets in our master water closet she wanted, and pretty much finished the man cave/Harley garage, cleaned the garage, stowed lots of extra stuff inthe attic, and a million other things. Jeez, it would be a lot easier to just have another kid, and my youngest is 22.
Clean the garage= prep the baby room....
Stow stuff in the attic=safety proofing the house from said baby...
(some of the stuff I put in the attic was due toa fear of it falling off the shelf and hitting the Camaro in the garage...)
Building the man cave/Harley Garage= moving the elder children into rooms to make room for Baby...
The list goes on and on...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #1307
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Uhhhmmmm.... I was told the truck would just arrive so I probably would not be able to take pic's of it coming off said truck, but.... BUT... my camera is in my car that I'm trading in, the memory chip is emptied, and the battery is fully charged. The whole time i'm on this blankety blank puter, my phone is next to me on the charger. My paperwork and buyers check are on the bar under the keys to the car I'm trading in. If I leave the house for even a minute, it's all with me. My wife thinks I've lost myever loving mind... She just rolls her eyes and walks off. Secretly she is enjoying it though, I've cooked for the last four or five days, and cleaned the house like a mad man, and installed the two new cabinets in our master water closet she wanted, and pretty much finished the man cave/Harley garage, cleaned the garage, stowed lots of extra stuff inthe attic, and a million other things. Jeez, it would be a lot easier to just have another kid, and my youngest is 22.
Clean the garage= prep the baby room....
Stow stuff in the attic=safety proofing the house from said baby...
(some of the stuff I put in the attic was due toa fear of it falling off the shelf and hitting the Camaro in the garage...)
Building the man cave/Harley Garage= moving the elder children into rooms to make room for Baby...
The list goes on and on...
Wow...you've done a lot, the only thing I did was clean the garage paint the floor and walls a light gray and put up some decorations (license plates and signs)...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #1308
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Wow...you've done a lot, the only thing I did was clean the garage paint the floor and walls a light gray and put up some decorations (license plates and signs)...
Had to have a place to park the Harley... Wife agreed to a tuff shed... so after it was installed, their top of the line building, 12x20, I insulated it, put in all the electical, sheet rocked it, painted in, installed the rest of the electrical, bought a tool box, a big a&& tool box, fridge, and built work benchs, and work stations upon those benchs. All the neighbor dudes are jealous of the cave, and since the surround sound is installed in there, along with the fridge full of cold beer, it is quickly becoming the hangout... Several wives already come over here first and don't even come to the front door, they check the gate to my back yard and if the man cave door is up, they come in to find their husbands... it's hysterical...We do have a close knit group of the best neighbors in the world...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 AM   #1309
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Hey Sevn86, I don't know if it bothers you, but it's driving me crazy that my car is sitting 35 miles from here and I can't see it or get it. It's unloaded from the train and waiting on a truck to bring it up to Austin. To top it off, my dealer called and teased me saying it might be there last night, but most probably today, but neither of those came to be. They said now worst case is Monday. I leave for Brazil Wednesday, and figure they will get it on Wednesday when I have no time to deal with it. They even teased me saying that if it wasn't trucked up, they would drive me to Kirby and let me drive it to the dealer. No dice there either. %&%^&%^%*&(*)#....

I would tend to think that if they signed a contract to order a car for you at a given price, then they have to eat the price increase. My dealer took a $500 deposit on my car. We agreed on a price. We signed off on the price based on MSRP at the time of the order.

They (the dealer) ordered a car from GM. They (the dealer) did not contract a price with GM, they just ordered it. If I'm not mistaken, they do not get an invoice from GM until they take delivery. If they agreed to a price with you, and "GM" raised the price on them, thats on them,(the dealer). I agreed to a price and I am going to pay that agreed (signed/contracted) price. If the dealer loses a little profit thats the price of business. They know this is a possibility and if they are that concerned about it, they should notate the possibility of price increases in the order contract. They knew the risk when they signed the contract to order the car for a given point of sale price. I hope you paid a fee to order the car and signed some paperwork for the final price.

They probably do not have a leg to stand on... Any legal eagles feel free to jump in here. You might want to post this on the general forum front page and see if any legel dudes or dudettes want to pipe in...

Good Luck

Sullivang--give'em hell man!!!! GM rep can be figured out by calling GM or calling the dealership and pretend you are someone calling about a different issue and just trick them into getting the info for ya! Again you could try GM cust service....

I think the Attorney Generals office should be called as well--you have a contract indeed as stated by SSE above---you paid for the car you ordered at the price the dealer gave you--any anticipated price increase should be noted on the original contract---that is "Price is subject to change without notice."

socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #1310
Jakefeb3

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
I call union pacific, but it's not giving me cities and such. It only says 'loaded'. Anyone have advice
Jakefeb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #1311
ACDC1710

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2002 Trans AM
I work within 2 minutes of where the rail yard it my car while be brought 2. Actually worked yesterday across the street from the Rail yard and saw two white Camaros sitting on the front line waiting on trucks to haul them away. One with blue stripes and one with RJT stripes. So gonna really suck if my car comes in and sits at the rail yard knowing I could walk to the rail yard from work.
ACDC1710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #1312
ACDC1710

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2002 Trans AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 View Post
I call union pacific, but it's not giving me cities and such. It only says 'loaded'. Anyone have advice
says arrived at callumet city Illnois or something like that.
ACDC1710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #1313
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
As of 1:14 A.M. I'm finally in Walkerville, Ontario.

In the famous words of Steven Tyler.... "Train kept- a- Rollin All Night Long"

Hey 1sickss, I didn't keep a close phone check yesterday. I am assuming you checked several times yesterday and obtained all those locations????

I am also to assume that my "little engine that could" also toured those locals.
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #1314
Marley

Drives: Black/Grey 1SS
Sill in Toronto. Going on a week of sitting still now. WTF...
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #1315
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
WHOA!

Holy snapples! My train covered some MAJOR ASS ground overnight. Chuggin right along the I-80 corridor and almost to Utah. In Green River Wyoming. I'm not too far behind you other Cali boys!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #1316
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivang View Post
The thing that makes me mad is that they say they are a family business (Harbor Chevrolet, Long Beach) and take pride in not screwing anyone. I got the car at MSRP and a day or two before I get my car, they say the price went up.
Probably figure that I have been waiting for two months and I would just pay if the car is sitting in front of me
Hey Sulli, be sure to put your dealer on the $hit list on this site - I think its called the 'dealer approved/unapproved list. That guy should die and burn in hell for eternity.