Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
Mlgprodriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
O2 sensor voltages.

Hello everyone, long story short, my car has been idling sorta odd. I have a stage 4 btr cam with Johnson 2110 lifter, as well as the normal spring upgrades, and so forth. Don’t have ported heads, but plan to later.

So once I had all this done I brought my car to a trusted, and than not so trusted shop to get a tune. I’m just starting to hear about the bad news about this shop, I don’t like to talk bad about places, so I will leave that for another time.

Anyway, I’m mostly wondering if these oxygen sensor voltages seem to be correct. I haven’t got around to playing with the car lately, but I’m sorta scared to run it as I personally think the tune is either to rich or too lean. The guy from the shop was hella sketch and did a sorta good job on the exhaust, but once he broke my oil pan, I had my doubts.

Anyway here is the oxygen sensor voltages:
https://youtube.com/shorts/feXTr1VHs7c?feature=share

Please let me know if they are bad or good, before I break something. Car has been holding up pretty strong, but my god my idle is not like anything I’ve heard online. Many people have ran the stage 4 btr na cam and it seems a lot more choppy in the videos.
Mlgprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:29 AM   #2
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Someone please correct my if I am wrong but I’m pretty sure O2 voltage should be between .1 and .9 volts but can range from 0-1 volts and be okay.

Was the car dyno tuned? Cams are very weird in terms of tuning as the car will make whatever it was “destined” to make. There’s very few things a tuner can do to make the car make more power. I had my car tuned twice to clean it up before I left it alone and spark plugs and wires did more than the second tune did.

Furthermore, what is your idle set at? I have a BTR Stage 3 and had troubles in the beginning just due to sheer ignorance on how this worked. My idle is set at 850 and my car beats the pavement when it idles. If possible, I would try to an AFR or a live reader on it and see how the fuel trims are performing. Trims are a dodgy way of doing it but could give some insight on it.

TLDR;

Is the car dyno tuned? If so, what did it make? What is the idle set at? Have you done proper maintenance such as cables and spark plugs?
Old 12-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
Mlgprodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2SS View Post
Someone please correct my if I am wrong but I’m pretty sure O2 voltage should be between .1 and .9 volts but can range from 0-1 volts and be okay.

Was the car dyno tuned? Cams are very weird in terms of tuning as the car will make whatever it was “destined” to make. There’s very few things a tuner can do to make the car make more power. I had my car tuned twice to clean it up before I left it alone and spark plugs and wires did more than the second tune did.

Furthermore, what is your idle set at? I have a BTR Stage 3 and had troubles in the beginning just due to sheer ignorance on how this worked. My idle is set at 850 and my car beats the pavement when it idles. If possible, I would try to an AFR or a live reader on it and see how the fuel trims are performing. Trims are a dodgy way of doing it but could give some insight on it.

TLDR;

Is the car dyno tuned? If so, what did it make? What is the idle set at? Have you done proper maintenance such as cables and spark plugs?

Okay so the car was street tuned from what the tuner told me. I have Taylor spark plug wires, which one of them fell apart on my so I’m not sure on that brand of wires, my spark plugs are ACdelco or champion, I would have to take a look.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
Mlgprodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2SS View Post

TLDR;

The idle is around 600- 700 the rpm gauge is constantly knocking around.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
That idle is too low for a cam that size. Should be closer to 900 or so. A wideband o2 is really needed to see what is going on with the AFR. What spark plug and heat range are you running?
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote