The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-01-2022, 06:40 AM   #57
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Annnnd... just like that 2017 is back from the dead.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #58
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SS Godfather View Post
Hey Hey, forget the small stuff get yourself a" Ducati " !! Fantastic sports bike !!! I have had many!!!
Necro-thread aside, I plan to get a Ducati, then enter it in the Tour de France after telling them it identifies as a bicycle.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #59
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Annnnd... just like that 2017 is back from the dead.
LOL- O.K. just killing time on my fav website, but just 2nd contribution to this forum... but you've struck a nerve that runs deep. Starting riding when I was 13y.o. (more than 50yrs. ago), currently in love (among other people/things- wife, Camaro, etc..) with my Yamaha FZ9. But I'll come back to this subject when I've got more time. A little busy now and probably nobody cares aaaaaanyway.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:23 AM   #60
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
LOL- O.K. just killing time on my fav website, but just 2nd contribution to this forum... but you've struck a nerve that runs deep. Starting riding when I was 13y.o. (more than 50yrs. ago), currently in love (among other people/things- wife, Camaro, etc..) with my Yamaha FZ9. But I'll come back to this subject when I've got more time. A little busy now and probably nobody cares aaaaaanyway.
LOL - it's all good, more just goofing around. It's a good thread that asks a good question, and has some great responses.

I'm still cycle-less these days. My son is 10 now, so I figure I'm about half way to his independence, and with that, a time where I feel a little better about upping my risk factors. It'll probably be another V-Max for me, you can't beat the sound, and they move pretty darn good as well!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 06-03-2022, 07:24 AM   #61
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Necro-thread aside, I plan to get a Ducati, then enter it in the Tour de France after telling them it identifies as a bicycle.
Seems logical. I dunno what the sanctioning body there is like, but you could probably get away with it in NCAA no problem!
Old 06-06-2022, 09:51 PM   #62
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
LOL - it's all good, more just goofing around. It's a good thread that asks a good question, and has some great responses.

I'm still cycle-less these days. My son is 10 now, so I figure I'm about half way to his independence, and with that, a time where I feel a little better about upping my risk factors. It'll probably be another V-Max for me, you can't beat the sound, and they move pretty darn good as well!
Yep, I'd been riding 17yrs. pretty seriously, but when my daughter was born I took a 10yr hiatus from motor bikes cuz I couldn't go round a blind bend anymore without saying "what if...?".

Once she made 10, for some reason it felt like I knew she would be O.K. Now she's 32 and doing just fine. I'm tempted to post a pic just to make you all crazy! She's gorgeous!

I rode a year on a '76 Yam XS650 (and converted it into a Omar Street Tracker!) and stepped up to a Suz SV650. When I got back from my first big ride (Colorado Springs to Highway1 and back, 2wks of the best time ever), I arrived home about 7am on a Saturday bleary from driving all night- but we all just wanted to get home.... and there's my 10yo daughter sitting at the end of the sidewalk waiting for me.
Mic drop.

If you're starting back, start slow- as in a slower bike!, practice (again) in an empty lot for all those emergency situations you won't expect- especially braking and avoidance. And if you've never ridden, start in the dirt. Period.

P.S. If you've ever "gotta lay'er down" in order to get stopped... you effed up!
Attached Images

Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote