The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-01-2022, 06:26 AM   #15
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
This something GM has not been very good at.

Other companies have made som3 of the collision mitigation technology available and in some cases standard at a much lower price point.
Almost every recent review i've read for a GM offering mentions either tech not available or only available in the highest trims.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:32 AM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I was rather unthrilled that you effectively had to do a 2SS or a 3LT to get any of the safety features. GM's packaging / bundling of options is beyond absurd. I would've had to spend an extra 10-15k to get the safety features you can get on most other manufacturers base models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
So taking your hands off the wheel while the car is moving is now considered a safety feature?

I am at a loss to remember when the car buying public cried out for this feature. I'm sure the casualties caused by this boondoggle will disagree with the safety aspect.
Not exactly. All of the things that enable hands free are the safety features. One could make the argument taking a load off the driver is as well but for a short trip on the expressway only maybe not so much.

I did feel much more relaxed after a 1,000 mile day last Saturday. Less fatigued as well. So one could also make a point there is a safety element in that as well.

2 complaints to continue the discussion. First, it’s not as smooth as I drive an$ man6 of you as well. It’s mak8ng almost constant correction to stay “centered”in the lane. Wher most of us are looking 100 feet or 100 yards ahead and setting our path the Super Cruise seems to simply be going “and now” and adjusting. So it’s digital steering rather than analogue. And I say “centered” because it tends to favor the right side of the lane, which is only a problem when passing a large tractor trailer. And if the tractor trailer comes a bit left in its lane Super Cruise doesn’t care. And if you pull slightly left to add space Super Cruise will at first fight you to maintain its position and then the light will go blue giving control to the driver. If you leave it alone it’s perfectly fine, you just have to allow proximity you may normally avoid by just favoring one side of the lane or the other and trust the “robot”
Old 06-01-2022, 07:38 AM   #17
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Super Cruise seems like a pretty cool system. At least its forces you to pay attention.

Hopefully this tech can start moving down below 80k market vehicles. The cheapest car its in now is a maxed out high country silverado at 77k.
Stopped at dealer yesterday looking for new Silverado and was told they were informed by Chevy that it is not being put on Silverado High Country because of chip shortages. Sticker price will be reduced similar to removal of cylinder deactivation product.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote