Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2022, 01:30 PM   #1
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Porting TB and Intake

I've been looking at getting a ported throttle body and intake for my SS. I'm trying to keep the car NA and squeeze out as much horsepower as possible. My question for everyone is if I should go with a company that does it and send off my TB and intake for them to do or is it something that I could possibly do myself?

I'd like to see if anyone here actually does port themselves rather than sending it off to a company.

Furthermore, would I have to tune once I get these ported or would the ECM calibrate for it automatically?

I currently have a BTR stage 3 cam with supporting mods and it's been tuned already. I'm trying to avoid paying for another revision as they're kind of expensive.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:10 PM   #2
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Rick Crawford does intake porting. GPI does the same thing Rick does. They're known as "rod mod" intake manifolds. Theres a bunch of big name companies that make manifolds like BTR, TSP, LME, Holly, LOD ect. Rick states that your tune doesn't need to be revised and will work as is but as you know, to get all the benefits, you need the revision.

There's plenty of research on G8, SS, corvette and Camaro forums if you did want to tackle it yourself