Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
My first free dealer oil change and .........

Everything went perfect! My dealer is a high volume shop so they have their own stand alone oil change building. I pulled up 2 minutes before my appointment and I was driving away less than 20 minutes later.

Some of the posts here about bad experiences had me nervous. So, I talked to the tech ahead of time and confirmed the type of oil, oil filter and amount (10 quarts). He knew all of this without me having to prompt him. I even checked the oil level myself before I drove off and he took no offense and said " I understand - everyone has the right to be very particular about their car".

I thought it only fair to share a good dealership experience since we all are willing (as we should) to kick a dealership in the butt if its a bad one. So "hat's off" to Love Chevrolet in Columbia SC for great service.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'm gonna be that guy and pee in your cheerios

They probably didn't even change the oil
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
I did my first oil change at the dealer around 1500 miles. Oil change seemed to go well without any issues and dip stick showing plenty of oil. That's 2 of us!!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

Maybe, other than the waiting area has a huge window into the shop and my car was in the first bay right by the window. I was able to watch the work without hovering in the shop over the top of them.

Besides, I don't eat Cheerios so the pee will not bother me.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

Original or Honey Nut?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Everything went perfect! My dealer is a high volume shop so they have their own stand alone oil change building. I pulled up 2 minutes before my appointment and I was driving away less than 20 minutes later.

Some of the posts here about bad experiences had me nervous. So, I talked to the tech ahead of time and confirmed the type of oil, oil filter and amount (10 quarts). He knew all of this without me having to prompt him. I even checked the oil level myself before I drove off and he took no offense and said " I understand - everyone has the right to be very particular about their car".

I thought it only fair to share a good dealership experience since we all are willing (as we should) to kick a dealership in the butt if its a bad one. So "hat's off" to Love Chevrolet in Columbia SC for great service.
I also had a good experience with Kevin Whittaker Chevrolet in Greenville, SC - the only let down was that they didn't reset the oil life on the DIC, but other then that they used 10-qts(Dexos approved but not fully synthetic) and I let my car sit overnight and checked the oil level in the morning COLD and it was reading in the center of the hash marks on the dip stick.
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #7
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Maybe, other than the waiting area has a huge window into the shop and my car was in the first bay right by the window. I was able to watch the work without hovering in the shop over the top of them.

Besides, I don't eat Cheerios so the pee will not bother me.
Being able to watch would be a solid step. Not possible at the dealership I got my car from.

Still wouldn't take it in for oil changes but it would make me consider it for something like the recall work on fan connector. Which I'll just do myself vs give the car over to the dealer for a day.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:22 PM   #8
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
does anyone know of a chevy dealership in the LA for all maintence. Im having trouble picking one due to the bad yelp reviews.
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:56 PM   #9
Gauchegaucho

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6M
I bought mine at Chevrolet of Everett, if anyone has experience good or bad from this dealership let me know. Thanks.
Gauchegaucho is offline   Reply With Quote