The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 04-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
JKH18SS
Old Geiser's Camaros

Drives: 2 Dodge Rams, 2018 1SS Garnet Red
Smile Heated & Cooled Seats on 2018 1SS???

Hi Al,
My 1SS was ordered with Recaro seats ($1600 option). Both seats are heated and cooled, I verified by looking in the seats and both have the blowers in the back and bottom as well as the heating elements. Both are wired for these features. What I don't see are the buttons on the control panel beneath the radio to activate the heaters or cooling fans. The 2nd question is, the Recaro front seats have alcantara (suede) perforated inserts. The back seats have the perforated leather seats but not Suede? Just the regular leather seat bottom and back? Aren't they supposed to match? Looks odd with them having a sheen and the fronts not?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Car was produced in Feb. 2018 and sat on the lot for almost a year. It was also ordered with Mag Ride, 8 spd, NPP and sunroof.
Thank you,
JKH18SS
JKH18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Being a 1SS, there is no factory way to control the heated or cooled seats. Gen5DIY is working on a solution to this. The rear seats are not going to match the Recaros.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
So I'm assuming if you got the 2SS with the Recaro seats, they would have the heat/cold option?
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
So I'm assuming if you got the 2SS with the Recaro seats, they would have the heat/cold option?
That's right.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
JKH18SS
Old Geiser's Camaros

Drives: 2 Dodge Rams, 2018 1SS Garnet Red
Wow, I'm glad I didn't order them expecting them to match or work in my 1SS. I'll keep my eyes open for a fix. I see plenty of the 2ss or 2lts wrecked. In fact I bought a set of heated and cooled black leather 2lt seats to replace the Recaros. All I had to do was transfer the wiring harness from my drivers Recaro seat to the drivers 2LT seat. Now at-least the power part works. Unfortunately, I'm not built like a 16 year old and those Recaro's get very uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The side bolsters hit me about kidney level.

Note: I was fixing one of the seat covers and found a lot of crap on the internet about replacing the seat upholstery (switching to leather) and several say you have to cut the headrest cover to get to the clips inside. That is not true, I raised my headrests to the top, turned the plastic ferrules on the post to get them out of the way and there is a small clip at the base of each post. I used a hose removal tool and just sprang the clip out a bit and pulled the post up. After the 2nd clip, the head rest pulled out posts and all. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
JKH18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKH18SS View Post
Wow, I'm glad I didn't order them expecting them to match or work in my 1SS. I'll keep my eyes open for a fix. I see plenty of the 2ss or 2lts wrecked. In fact I bought a set of heated and cooled black leather 2lt seats to replace the Recaros. All I had to do was transfer the wiring harness from my drivers Recaro seat to the drivers 2LT seat. Now at-least the power part works. Unfortunately, I'm not built like a 16 year old and those Recaro's get very uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The side bolsters hit me about kidney level.

Note: I was fixing one of the seat covers and found a lot of crap on the internet about replacing the seat upholstery (switching to leather) and several say you have to cut the headrest cover to get to the clips inside. That is not true, I raised my headrests to the top, turned the plastic ferrules on the post to get them out of the way and there is a small clip at the base of each post. I used a hose removal tool and just sprang the clip out a bit and pulled the post up. After the 2nd clip, the head rest pulled out posts and all. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

There's a thread in the 1LE subforum documenting the attempts to make it work. IIRC someone got it working partially.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote