The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Torch Red coupe in Kalahari or Brownstone?

I'm contemplating between the Kalahari or Brownstone 3LT interior with a Torch Red exterior. Anyone seen either of these combos? I tried looking for pics but couldn't find any. Can anyone point me to any pictures or give me your personal opinion on which interior color looks better with Torch Red? Thanks and C7 rocks
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I saw a photoshop somewhere of the Torch Red with Kalahari. I didn't care for it, but I think it looks awesome with Cyber Grey. IMO, Torch Red will look strange with anything other than red, grey, or black.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Red or black would be my first 2 choices. But I would definitely go with the lighter Kalahari if I had a choice between that and Brownstone. I haven't seen Kalahari on a Torch Red C7 but it looks great on the Crystal Red Metallic C7. The lighter brown also goes great on the red Ferrari as well.

這些照片拍攝mdk9950的

Last edited by Nate GM; 09-25-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Nate GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
FrankBlue

Drives: They run, sometimes
FWIW, the colored gauge cluster cover of the 3LT often results in glare on the windscreen, and I find that to be a distraction on longer drives. In particular when driving into the sun with a lighter color like the Kalahari.

I'd look at the 2LT with upgrades to keep the dash one color if it were me.
FrankBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Thank you all for your input. I agree that Kalahari might have too much red in it to go with Torch Red exterior. I just need to see the Brownstone in person to see if that will work. If neither looks good then I might go with a different exterior, maybe NRB with Brownstone.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Brick Man

Drives: Silver Swede
Thanks for the pictures.I think Ferrari has it right, with a dark dash board. I think the colored dash board is just too much color in the Corvette. I think I am now leaning toward a black interior instead.Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to see all interior colors in person, at the State Fair of Texas, in two weeks.
Brick Man is offline   Reply With Quote