Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I wouldn't change a thing on the concept. I see a resemblance to the '69, but just that, a 'resemblance'. It wasn't intended to be a copy of the original like the Mustang and Challenger were.

Looks perfect to me.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #16
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
As for the air intake on the nose... I am not sure what the deal is with it, and I haven't decided if I like it. I seemt o change my mind on a daily basis. I certainly wouldn't mind if it doesn't make production, however from reports, if the only major visual that differentiates the production version and the concept exterior are the door handles, then i would have to say that the nose vent is gonna stay.
I would imagine it has some functionality, seems like a very good place for an intercooler.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #17
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Comparison

First, thanks for the pics from the auto show, wish I was there to see in person. Second, yeah, your dad has a sweet car, I gave my son my 1969 Camaro Sports Coupe, myself. So, now, I can go by myself a new one. I am trying to get used to the front grille, your comparisons show that the 2009 has a bit of plastic below the lights, the '69 uses sheet metal and maybe this accounts for the difference I notice. That area in the 2009 could, maybe, use a little refinement. Yeah, I agree with another person here, there will be plenty of body kits to address this. As for the back, same story, seems a bit of plastic below taillights, the '69 uses less sheet metal. To my surprise, the rear roof window seems the same, but the roofline is sleeker in the 2009, the one flaw I would say the 1969 would have in today's aerodynamic environment. Another surprise is that the picture of the 2009 front grille taken straight on, shows that it is wider than in other pictures, is that how it looks overall? I mean, wider instead of how it seems narrow in most pictures? Also, in some photos the rear quarter looks angular, in others it seems to have a curve, how is it in person? Going back to the front grille, the hideaway light system, I think, would solve any potential styling shortfall there. Well, when I get my 2009, I can invite my son over with his 1969 and we will have the best of both worlds, anyway.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
First, thanks for the pics from the auto show, wish I was there to see in person. Second, yeah, your dad has a sweet car, I gave my son my 1969 Camaro Sports Coupe, myself. So, now, I can go by myself a new one. I am trying to get used to the front grille, your comparisons show that the 2009 has a bit of plastic below the lights, the '69 uses sheet metal and maybe this accounts for the difference I notice. That area in the 2009 could, maybe, use a little refinement. Yeah, I agree with another person here, there will be plenty of body kits to address this. As for the back, same story, seems a bit of plastic below taillights, the '69 uses less sheet metal. To my surprise, the rear roof window seems the same, but the roofline is sleeker in the 2009, the one flaw I would say the 1969 would have in today's aerodynamic environment. Another surprise is that the picture of the 2009 front grille taken straight on, shows that it is wider than in other pictures, is that how it looks overall? I mean, wider instead of how it seems narrow in most pictures? Also, in some photos the rear quarter looks angular, in others it seems to have a curve, how is it in person? Going back to the front grille, the hideaway light system, I think, would solve any potential styling shortfall there. Well, when I get my 2009, I can invite my son over with his 1969 and we will have the best of both worlds, anyway.

Here's a pic I took at the Philly Auto Show. It's one of my favorite angles on the car. I hope it helps with your questions regarding the rear quarter area. I'd say it's both angular AND curved.

EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
*drools all over himself*
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #20
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Thanks, yeah, it is both angular and curved, looks very nice.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #21
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
idk but i would not change a thing at all.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
nice 69 your dad has there and welcome to the site. i never saw anything really wrong with the front end of the car personally. i think its perfect for the car. they couldn't make it tooo close to what the orginal or it wont look right on a modern car. the design team has mixed it together well i feel.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I've come to the conclusion that the nose vent is actually part of the intake...
Attached Images