The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 10-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
B. Pateman

Drives: E550 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
id think military before employees.
military guys risking life and limb.. GM employees living great life at house with family going out drinking when off work..

I hate the reasoning that "military guys risk life and limb" and therefore deserve a discount. Nobody is forcing you to join the military, it's your decision to join, and you should do that because you want to serve, not to get discounts. It's the armed forces, not groupon.

My point: if the only way you can purchase a C7 (or any other $60-70K car) is with a discount, you can't afford it.
B. Pateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Pateman View Post
I hate the reasoning that "military guys risk life and limb" and therefore deserve a discount. Nobody is forcing you to join the military, it's your decision to join, and you should do that because you want to serve, not to get discounts. It's the armed forces, not groupon.

My point: if the only way you can purchase a C7 (or any other $60-70K car) is with a discount, you can't afford it.
I don't think anyone joins the military to get discounts on cars (or anything else). These are courageous individuals who voluntarily risk their life for our country. I have an immense amount of respect for the men and women of our armed forces.

I don't want to get in to an argument here. I don't think the idea in starting this thread was to ask for a military discount but just to point out that it's not offered on the vette where as it is on most if not all other models.

As for affordability, even people who can afford a $70k wouldn't mind a discount if one could be obtained. Asking or wanting a discount is not an indicator of affordability.

Just my humble opinion, sorry if I offended anyone.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7vette View Post
I don't think anyone joins the military to get discounts on cars (or anything else). These are courageous individuals who voluntarily risk their life for our country. I have an immense amount of respect for the men and women of our armed forces.

I don't want to get in to an argument here. I don't think the idea in starting this thread was to ask for a military discount but just to point out that it's not offered on the vette where as it is on most if not all other models.

As for affordability, even people who can afford a $70k wouldn't mind a discount if one could be obtained. Asking or wanting a discount is not an indicator of affordability.

Just my humble opinion, sorry if I offended anyone.
Agreed discounts are nice..
His same attitude can be placed with paying over MRSP.. u cant afford thousand over then u cant afford the car lol
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
GQ4Life

Quote:

No one joins because they want discounts. Most join young no clue of discounts. A lot are patriotic and can use the college money. They are the bold they stand for what they believe in. If things go wrong they be the ones fighting for this country and these people even if they already out. While people like you probably hop on a jet and leave.
I have quit a few friends with missing limbs struggle with life. Any discount even though they dont need does kind of lifts ur spirits like people appreciate ur sacrifice
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:

wow...Mr Beverly Hills....show some respect. Could you be so narrow-minded to REALLY think anyone would join the military just to get discounts? Go visit a VA hospital, I think you need to see first hand the sacrifices our military men and women make while you're enjoying life in Beverly Hills.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 10-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I do not understand the negativity. GMS (employee pricing) is not available for the StingRay. Sacrificing for the country is something a well understand being a army brat and having lost several to war from Viet Nam to Afghanistan, But if employee discount is not available then why should college or military etc. be available.

And how many PFCs or 2nd Lts. would qualify for the loan entailed? I assure you I am not concerned about the Eagle Colonels or the Navy's Captains needing a discount in order to swing the deal.
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I do not understand the negativity. GMS (employee pricing) is not available for the StingRay. Sacrificing for the country is something a well understand being a army brat and having lost several to war from Viet Nam to Afghanistan, But if employee discount is not available then why should college or military etc. be available.

And how many PFCs or 2nd Lts. would qualify for the loan entailed? I assure you I am not concerned about the Eagle Colonels or the Navy's Captains needing a discount in order to swing the deal.
No one saying it has to or better be there.. just was saying the stop all discounts. Then this whole thing blow up because someone said well why would there be if no employee. Then I said id do military before employee.
But makes for an interesting conversation on a boring dau
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
B. Pateman

Drives: E550 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
wow...Mr Beverly Hills....show some respect. Could you be so narrow-minded to REALLY think anyone would join the military just to get discounts? Go visit a VA hospital, I think you need to see first hand the sacrifices our military men and women make while you're enjoying life in Beverly Hills.
First, I didn't say that the only reason people join the military is for discounts. Perhaps you should have read the entire post before hyper-focusing on my location. I said you shouldn't throw out the fact that people "risk life and limb" as a justification for a discount on a sports car.

Second, more than half of my family has served this country, going back to WWI. I've seen the effects of war and betrayal firsthand, and its not pretty. The vets I know rarely ever speak of their service, and would never use it as a reason to obtain a discount on a sports car.

Third, I respect all those in the military who humbly serve this country. However, I have zero respect for those who are quick to use it as a bargaining chip.
B. Pateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #23
H2OStingray

Drives: 2014 Red/Red Z51 3LT
Quote:

I want my military discount because I have to deal with Ignorant comments like this. I risk my life because I love my country and a discount is not something I expect but when you do get one it reminds you that your country cares for you. Life is short and in our careers we not be alive to get to 50-60+ to buy our corvettes so we get them young and enjoy our lives like it is our last. I would gladly pay more then everyone and not get discounts if I could get all the great people I have lost while I have been In the Military.
H2OStingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:57 AM   #24
rx-hawk

Drives: 2SS M6
As far as I can tell GM won't sell anything to US forces overseas in Europe. The PX car sales has not carried any GM products for 8 years or so, and a GM dealer stateside will not sell to anyone who intends to export.

I heard you can go to a GM dealer in the German economy and they may be able to order a US Spec car for us, but I haven't looked into it. GM certainly does no advertising to US forces in Europe.

2011 Black 2SS/RS - Kooks headers, GM Performance Exhaust
rx-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote