The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Nation

Drives: Dodge Challenger
Obsessing...

Hey guys and gals,

First time posting on here, I've read posts on a few other Stingray related forums, but they seemed pretty awful. Seems nice and civil here. Anyway, I've been under the new Stingray's spell since the reveal. I'm 26 and can afford it just fine with my job. I've always been a Mopar muscle guy and currently drive a Challenger, but have always respected the Corvette's heritage and followers. I actually work for a Corvette parts supplier and travel to around 4-5 shows a year. I would get any mods/aftermarket parts at pretty heavily discounted prices, so that would be a plus. I was planning on getting the new Hellcat SRT Challenger when it came out, but now I'm not sure, haha. I really do love everything about the new Stingray, and am pleased that it's getting such good reviews. I just wanted to know how all of you that own one are enjoying it. Any gripes? Things you would change? Thanks for reading and I appreciate your feedback.
Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
GCC

Drives: 2014 C7 Black - #5222
I would only change one thing. I should have gotten it sooner...
GCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Corvette is in a league of its own. I had a new 5.0 mustang. They don't compare.
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Anyone can add power adders. However, the handling and aerodynamics of the Vette don't compare to any mustang, camaro or challenger.
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Betsy Iris
(The Blue Beauty)

Drives: 2014 Stingray
I had a 2010 IOM Camaro SS and was sick to my stomach when I sold it. . .They gave me nearly what I paid for it so I had to take the offer. . . Was planning on getting another Camaro, possibly a zL1, but after seeing pics of the stingray I changed my mind. . . If you get a vette, I promise you will not regret it.
Betsy Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
C7_203/500

Drives: 2014 C7 coupe 203/500 1968 427 vert
I have a M6, have a mercedes, have had mustangs....the C7 makes me grin as if I was 13 with the sports illustrated swimsuit issue. No comparison for driving enjoyment, comfort, brute American torque and handling. No need to ponder the options... There is no need.... Go for the C7...
C7_203/500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Betsy Iris
(The Blue Beauty)

Drives: 2014 Stingray
The only thing I can think of is that it only has room for two passengers. . . So you can't take your wife and kids out for a ride. . .I don't have kids yet, but if I did, I would of liked to take out everyone for a joy ride. . .
Betsy Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Nation

Drives: Dodge Challenger
No kids yet. My girlfriend and I have been living together in our house for about 4 years now (been together for 7). Bills aren't an issue with both of our jobs and we live comfortably. We will be getting married soon and moving into a larger house. I already have a truck that seats 5 so my Challenger is my toy / personal daily driver. I just can't take my eyes off of this new Vette, it blows my mind. I really do love everything about it. My boss should be getting his new C7 any day now. He was going to go to BG and get it but unfortunately he's been sick. We are already getting updates from all the popular aftermarket companies about what they are going to offer for the Stingray and that kind of sweetens the deal for me, I'll be able to get my hands on whatever I want and put it on in our installation center. That also goes for any maintenance and upkeep, all the guys that have Vette's do everything for each other in house using our own lifts and tools, no charge. That part comforts me the most knowing I wouldn't have to take it to my local Chevy dealer unless it was something serious, Joe Bob and Po-dunk Ricky don't know their own ass from a hole in the ground, they're idiots.
Nation is offline   Reply With Quote