Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #1177
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Stupid question here...

Let's imagine the refresh looks really horrible... like nobody would want to get it...

Would it mean that the 6th gen would keep it's value for a longer period? I mean, if people hate the refresh, would it make the used market prices go up since people would want an earlier model more than a new one?
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #1178
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DarkKnight View Post
if they do a refresh will all the models return? will there be a 19 ZL1?
I would say yes ,i believe the are photos with camo in the rear end only .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #1179
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DarkKnight View Post
if they do a refresh will all the models return? will there be a 19 ZL1?
Why wouldn't there be a '19 ZL1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
Stupid question here...

Let's imagine the refresh looks really horrible... like nobody would want to get it...

Would it mean that the 6th gen would keep it's value for a longer period? I mean, if people hate the refresh, would it make the used market prices go up since people would want an earlier model more than a new one?
No, won't make a difference.

Lots of people hated the 2014-15 refresh, but that didn't make a difference with the 2010-13 prices. Forums only represent a very small portion of actual buyers.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #1180
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Stupid question here...

I guarantee there will be pages of hate for whatever the refresh looks like. You won’t know anything about the long term value of these cars for 20 years or more so drive the wheels off of it. Pristine 2010 Camaros with low miles aren’t bringing money at auction. Don’t expect a 2016 will either.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #1181
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Stupid question here...

If no one likes the refresh it would be the first time in the history of Camaro that everyone agreed on its looks . Half the people will hate it half will love it .I think the used Camaro market is very strong right now and should stay that way for years and trade in values should remain fair , with the refresh and 7th Gen all within the next 3 years it may eventually take its toll on trade value .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #1182
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Evrything can be better than the current camaro. Current one looks fugly. From tail lights and rear bumper to headlights. It looks like a cheap plastic toy from china. I hope mce will improve this situation. Secondly, I hope the next generation will leave current design language. I hope it will be a Lil bit bigger. Ill buy the upcoming Supra or the 370 if I need a small car.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #1183
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
Evrything can be better than the current camaro. Current one looks fugly. From tail lights and rear bumper to headlights. It looks like a cheap plastic toy from china. I hope mce will improve this situation. Secondly, I hope the next generation will leave current design language. I hope it will be a Lil bit bigger just. Ill buy the upcoming Supra or the 370 if I need a small car.
Those types of changes do not happen with an MCE. You don’t “bend metal” on an MCE. The most aggressive MCEs (this one won’t be aggressive) could include significant powertrain upgrades or significantly revised interior design (visual, not dimensional) but fenders, doors rooflines won’t change during a simple MCE.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #1184
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Evrything can be better than the current camaro. Current one looks fugly. From tail lights and rear bumper to headlights. It looks like a cheap plastic toy from china. I hope mce will improve this situation. Secondly, I hope the next generation will leave current design language. I hope it will be a Lil bit bigger. Ill buy the upcoming Supra or the 370 if I need a small car.
Heres where the statement made before of "50% will hate it and 50% will love it" falls into place. Personally, I think the SS 1LE is near perfection! I love the spoiler, not really a floating spoiler guy like you see on the standard SS. The tailights are great, the front end is aggressive, more so with the addition of the front air dam/splitter. I havent had the opportunity to drive a 6th gen yet, but I did a 5th gen and that car felt enourmous compared to my 4th gen. So for me, I wouldnt want a MCE 6th gen or 7th gen to get bigger. The Camaro's, Mustang's and Challenger's ('Cuda) were designed to be smaller/sporty musle cars. If you wanted a bigger musle car back then, you looked at an Impala or Chevelle, Fairlane or Torino, Charger or Road Runner. I get that they need to grow for added safety measures, but they dont need to be enourmous boulevard cruisers/straight line machines either. The reason the Challenger is so big these days is the platform they chose to build it with. Todays Challenger would've fit right in with the old Chevelles, Torinos, Chargers way back when. It wouldnt have been in the "pony car" segment. So from my end of things, I would hope it doesnt get bigger, if anything, it could still use some trimming. Part of that may be that I'm 5'9"/185 lbs... I have sat in a 6th gen and it fits me very well. I've even left the front seats in their normal, comfortable for me position, then hopped in the back and felt comfortable there as well. Not saying an 8 hour trip would be ideal back there, but if I had to it wouldnt be that big of a deal.

Last edited by GrimReaperSS; 04-07-2018 at 11:01 AM.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #1185
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
mustang fan
chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #1186
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Those types of changes do not happen with an MCE. You don’t “bend metal” on an MCE. The most aggressive MCEs (this one won’t be aggressive) could include significant powertrain upgrades or significantly revised interior design (visual, not dimensional) but fenders, doors rooflines won’t change during a simple MCE.
I know, but I said about the next gen. Not about the refresh.
But even the simple refresh can change appearance a lot. Look at the Caddy CT6. It was a boring and dated looking car before the MCE. Now it looks very nice.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #1187
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:

so basically you don't like Camaro's
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #1188
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Where the grille splits on the 19's is Black, not body color for the refresh. That much is confirmed.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #1189
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
I know, but I said about the next gen. Not about the refresh.....
Good point. I missed the change in reference from the one sentence to the next.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #1190
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Lol

So you don't like the 6th gen and compare it to a cheap plastic toy from China, but you like the 370...the 370 looks like a pile of crap and its slow as crap compared to the 6th gen ss.

Good luck with that new supra they've been talking about for the last 10 years. If they do ever release it it'll be $100k+ and slower than a cheaper corvette and the supra will still have that boy-racer look...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote