Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #197
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
must have missed the latest ford news that they aren't going to push it that far. . .
Nice to have you back
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #198
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Nice to have you back
I've noticed you here and there, but it's good to see you on here more, 'monkey

It's nice to see you here, too, though, Chris I'm jealous of your ZL1-eater

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #199
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
Guess it better have 650 or more if the statement below is true

Ford’s next Shelby GT500, which is rumored to have a 650 horsepower turbocharged powerplant
If that happens, its not going to be for a couple years. Latest reports say the GT500 will be 570ish next year
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #200
flopjack

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
Guess it better have 650 or more if the statement below is true

Ford’s next Shelby GT500, which is rumored to have a 650 horsepower turbocharged powerplant
i think even if the ZL1 only has 575, it will still beat a 650 horsepower turbocharged whale. More advanced suspension, performance traction management, magnetic dampers, better looks...as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread the CTS-V almost beats the Super Snake and that car has about 650 hp. Besides, just because the GT500 gets more power, doesn't mean the ZL1 will not. In fact, you can pretty much assume that it will get a modest power bump as well.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #201
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Nice to have you back
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I've noticed you here and there, but it's good to see you on here more, 'monkey

Thanks. got more time to get on and actually post since I'm deployed. back in the states I'm busy going from one place to the other and just get to glance at the forum. oh well.

I do hope the zl1 has enough power to put a stomping to that low traction shelby. . .but my main wonder is the road course numbers. . .the 1320 is nice and all but lets get this thing sideways and see how many G's it will pull.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #202
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Thanks. got more time to get on and actually post since I'm deployed. back in the states I'm busy going from one place to the other and just get to glance at the forum. oh well.

I do hope the zl1 has enough power to put a stomping to that low traction shelby. . .but my main wonder is the road course numbers. . .the 1320 is nice and all but lets get this thing sideways and see how many G's it will pull.
I'm crossing my fingers the tires, MR, EPS, revised suspension, and aerodynamics come together in a positive collection to really put the power down. Considering the achievements of ZR1 and CTS-V, I'm sure we're going to be very happy about what Team Camaro's been working on. Hopefully, we'll be getting some good information in the next few months. I'm getting restless!

I'm glad you're staying safe. I haven't noticed your Pop on much, but I'm not able to spend as much time on as I prefer... I hope he's doing well, too.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #203
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Considering the achievements of ZR1 and CTS-V, I'm sure we're going to be very happy about what Team Camaro's been working on. Hopefully, we'll be getting some good information in the next few months. I'm getting restless!
...growing impatient AND restless Radz, I am sure many of us are in the same boat! I am soooo beyond restless :upset: I would like to add to your insight on the Chevy R&D that Ryan Newman probably was brought to Milford for a publicity stunt. Yup, tooling around the proving grounds in the developmental ZL1 was just a joy ride for him....., suuuure, .....riiiiight, ...heh-heh!!! Well played Chevy...well played!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #204
mondain

Drives: toyota
If it was 585, they would've said "north of 580" but they didn't. North of 570 is 571-579, so I'll pick 575
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #205
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
If it was 585, they would've said "north of 580" but they didn't. North of 570 is 571-579, so I'll pick 575
That's true, but GM also never said anything other than +550...

- Oldschool - AMEN BROTHER!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #206
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
I very much doubt you will see 600 HP.....I'm thinking 576.... exactly 150 HP over the LS3.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #207
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I'm just looking at it from the perspective of GM Performance Parts. If they sell the ZL1 engine, will it be just LSA? If so, then it will be rated at 556 HP as it is now. If they rate it higher, then they have to call it something else. Maybe they'll just call it an LSA and offer all the add-ons that made it rated higher? I don't know. I guess we'll see.
Honestly, they can do whatever the heck they want. These are just assumptions...you shouldn't state them as facts! There's no police force that will require them to rename the engine if they don't sell it with the exact same HP output it had in the CTS-V...
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #208
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
Honestly, they can do whatever the heck they want. These are just assumptions...you shouldn't state them as facts! There's no police force that will require them to rename the engine if they don't sell it with the exact same HP output it had in the CTS-V...
They've already said it will be more powerful than the CTS-V
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #209
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
They've already said it will be more powerful than the CTS-V
At the crank or the rear wheel?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #210
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
At the crank or the rear wheel?

Good point. But since manufacturers advertise HP at the crank, I'd strongly assume Al was inferring crank HP.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote