The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #43
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Well, here in Florida it is often referred to as a CCW. Sorry. I don't live in Michigan, thank god. All states are different.

It would not be left in the car indefinitely, 24/7, though I understand the concern and things may/probably will change. I'm new to carrying, not new to firearms. My father had two shotguns stolen from his truck before I was born, one of which had the barrel sawed down and was used to shoot up a local high school. Things were different back then. It was an old Browning A5, I own it now.

I would be carrying a compact 9mm at my appendix as well. The "car gun" would become my primary when in it and would only be brought along if I felt the need. Reason being, and I was keeping this to myself, is that I don't want to carry a full size .45 or possibly 10mm, on my person, far too large as I tend to wear, not tight, but "fitted" clothes. Drawing from that position, my appendix, sucks while seated. My body fat percentage is also fine, thanks, I lift 5 days per week and have been regularly for the last year.

As I said though, this could, and likely will, change. I have two months until I'm 21 and another, what, six until I get the license in the mail. Plenty of time to brainstorm and figure the rest out. Truth be told, I simply like to be prepared. I keep a "get home bag" and medical supplies in my car just in case. Used the medical supplies once when I had a buddy with me and we saw a guy get hit by another car, shin bone broke through skin. My buddy, an EMT, helped him. There's a good chance I'd put the car gun in that bag. Maybe even an AR pistol with the Sig brace.

Please don't think I'm ignoring your advice though, I'm soaking everything in. As I said, I'm learning. I don't have anyone that I know personally to teach me this stuff as my father died a while ago and my mom doesn't care for guns, though I have her signed up for a CCW class with me.

Also, I know you're a LEO (i.e. public servant) and my elder, but please refrain from speaking to me in that manner. I don't appreciate it whatsoever. Public servant or not, you're my equal as far as I'm concerned. If you fail to adhere to this request in your next post, then kindly screw off, officer. I'm entirely serious.
And by the way sir...

In Florida, it is NOT called a CCW...It is referred to a CWL...Concealed Weapons License or CWP Concealed Weapons Permit.

Personally...and please take offense...

You need to educate yourself prior to purchasing your constitutionally afforded handgun.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 08-09-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #44
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
While we are on the subject...

Lets add these to your Camaro

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...urbFeelers.jpg

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/we.../1000x1000.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...31av7uljpg.jpg

My absolute point was to piss you off and make you think based on my experience of CPL, CCW, whatever you want to call it...

I am TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE based on factual data and experience based on many years of reading, research and first hand knowledge of compressed data from nationwide data including FBI statistics...which clearly state, the best most effective place to carry your sidearm within a vehicle is ON YOUR person.

Why open yourself up to litigation, lawsuits and possibly losing your freedom if you forget your right to carry by leaving it in your car.

Will I apologize for my "shock and awe" and hurting your feelings? NO!

I am hoping that by making myself look like an ass by commenting like an ass and making those of you dislike my opinion based on experience may save you further possible issues by not securing your constitutional right properly and within the multitudes of laws varied state by state.

Do your homework and make your personal decisions based on those provisions.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #45
1987GNX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post

My absolute point was to piss you off and make you think based on my experience of CPL, CCW, whatever you want to call it...

I am TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE based on factual data and experience based on many years of reading, research and first hand knowledge of compressed data from nationwide data including FBI statistics...which clearly state, the best most effective place to carry your sidearm within a vehicle is ON YOUR person.

Why open yourself up to litigation, lawsuits and possibly losing your freedom if you forget your right to carry by leaving it in your car.

I am hoping that by making myself look like an ass by commenting like an ass and making those of you dislike my opinion based on experience may save you further possible issues by not securing your constitutional right properly and within the multitudes of laws varied state by state.

FYI that "curb feelers" picture is actually zip ties holding the bumper together lol carry on
1987GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #46
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Xdm40 under steering wheel.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #47
SSBOT

Drives: 2010 SS Transformer, '99 C5 Vette
I like that!
SSBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #48
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:

You sound like my dad.

I agree 100% with what you're saying.

Including the butthurt feelings part, I actually laughed at that. People are too emotional nowadays. The world of Barry Obama
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #49
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:

I have never had a NEED or REASON to use such a system within my own personal car...let alone a state of the art patrol car putting my life at risk daily...again for the past 25 years. So let's educate and refrain from attempting "cool gun systems in my Camaro" I have never had a use or need for it...and I have been and am within an element of danger EVERY day and do not need nr would EVER want to store or carry my sidearm anywhere else than on my body..why the hell would you want to store or leave a gun in a car when it should be on YOU?
To be fair, it's probably less likely a thief will try to break into, rob or vandalize a patrol car. lol
Old 08-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #50
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
To be honest I think it's funny this thread hasn't been moved yet...some are luckier than others I guess

Edit: it has! It's true it's true lol

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #51
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:

And where can one find this data of which you speak? Or at least one piece of data other than word-of-mouth that "clearly states" that the best and most effective place is on your person?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote