The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
so how do YOU handle idiots that can't park?

I usually ignore them until they park right beside me, then I don't feel bad for what I do, not even almost.

so far, my arsenal has been eggshell stickers explaining how bad they park.

zip tie buggies to their door handle if it is of the loop variety.

recently I've graduated to .5 oz lead free sticky wheel weights just to throw it a tad off balance?

I also have about 180 "for rectal use only" stickers that don't peel off easily. but I usually save those for the vegetable isle.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I park in the back of the lot away from most of the other cars. I don't mess with other people's rides, just as I don't expect them to mess with mine.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
This will do the trick

Name:  stem remover.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  54.0 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
I park in the back of the lot away from most of the other cars.
I do this exclusively. apparently this also tells people with pos cars to come park as close as they can and keep me from getting in my driver door.

don't get me wrong, I will not touch someones car if it doesn't affect me. but if they purposely go out of their way to cause me grief in some way, I have no tolerance anymore.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
I park in the back of the lot away from most of the other cars. I don't mess with other people's rides, just as I don't expect them to mess with mine.
When in my Camaro I don't even park in left field, I park in the bleachers behind left field. I need to get more steps in anyway according to my fitbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I usually ignore them until they park right beside me, then I don't feel bad for what I do, not even almost.

so far, my arsenal has been eggshell stickers explaining how bad they park.

zip tie buggies to their door handle if it is of the loop variety.

recently I've graduated to .5 oz lead free sticky wheel weights just to throw it a tad off balance?

I also have about 180 "for rectal use only" stickers that don't peel off easily. but I usually save those for the vegetable isle.
Wow, why don't you just key F*** you into their fender while you're at it? Did they do anything to your car? Did they harm you in any sort of way? Just sigh and go on about it. Life's too short to get too bent out of shape about morons.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #6
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
When in my Camaro I don't even park in left field, I park in the bleachers behind left field. I need to get more steps in anyway according to my fitbit.

Wow, why don't you just key F*** you into their fender while you're at it? Did they do anything to your car? Did they harm you in any sort of way? Just sigh and go on about it. Life's too short to get too bent out of shape about morons.
seriously? you compare all of this, non-permanent damaging stuff in the same way as literally carving **** you into someones paint? And then you tell me not to get bent out of shape?

ok so let me tell you a little story about a guy that has a ****ed up knee from surgery that literally has the right to get a handicap tag but doesnt. this same guy instead parks out in the middle of nowhere for 2 reasons, as follows.

1. it keeps his car away from assholes and people that think like it
2. it's much easier to get in and out of his vehicle when he swings the door all the way open.

it's almost impossible for this guy to comfortably get in and out if the door can't open all the way.

yes, the story is about me. so when people who think like you come along and park close to me for whatever reasoning, they don't think about me and how hard it is for me to actually get in and out of my car. did they cause my car physical damage? no. did they cause me any sort of permanent problems? no.

however, did I inconvenience them at least the same way they did me?

yes I ****ing did. and I'll continue to. if you have a problem with how I think, please, move along, you are not a person I'd have a beer with. Id appreciate if they, and you, atleast stop to think about others before flying off the handle and assuming.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #7
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
This will do the trick

Attachment 970222
I have done this, but don't anymore due to the implications it causes.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #8
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Maybe I have a different car than the rest of you, maybe it's age?

I'm not getting in or out unless the doors are all the way open which means I'm not parking near anybody else, not that I would. Yeah, I'm the guy taking up the two distant last spaces.

And life's too short to spend time messing with someone else's ride.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 01-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I do absolutely nothing, because 2 wrongs don't make a right.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #10
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I do absolutely nothing, because 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Yup!!
I do imagine ripping off the door handle or a wiper but as you say 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
seriously? you compare all of this, non-permanent damaging stuff in the same way as literally carving **** you into someones paint? And then you tell me not to get bent out of shape?

ok so let me tell you a little story about a guy that has a ****ed up knee from surgery that literally has the right to get a handicap tag but doesnt. this same guy instead parks out in the middle of nowhere for 2 reasons, as follows.

1. it keeps his car away from assholes and people that think like it
2. it's much easier to get in and out of his vehicle when he swings the door all the way open.

it's almost impossible for this guy to comfortably get in and out if the door can't open all the way.

yes, the story is about me. so when people who think like you come along and park close to me for whatever reasoning, they don't think about me and how hard it is for me to actually get in and out of my car. did they cause my car physical damage? no. did they cause me any sort of permanent problems? no.

however, did I inconvenience them at least the same way they did me?

yes I ****ing did. and I'll continue to. if you have a problem with how I think, please, move along, you are not a person I'd have a beer with. Id appreciate if they, and you, atleast stop to think about others before flying off the handle and assuming.
Wow, chill out. Some of the things like taking a zip tie and a shopping cart to a door can scratch the hell out of the door if not also dent it, ignoring what someone who doesn't have a pair of scissors might do to their car to remove it. Also, adding weight to throw a tire out of balance can and will ruin tire(s)

I can sympathize your frustration of not being able to get out/in your car because of some jack ass that can't park, it does drive me crazy. Hell I'm 7' tall, you think getting in and out of a Camaro is a walk in the park? My knees aren't what they used to be either, but if you have such terrible problems getting in and out of the car maybe you should break down and get the tag you're refusing or get an easier to get in/out of vehicle. As others have said, two wrongs don't make a right and acting like any ass back doesn't make the other person rethink their driving habits.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #12
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
I don't do anything, because I never know what is going on in the other person's life. Here is food for thought: Once I went into a parking lot and it was packed, there was a whole line of cars parked crooked because one person caused the whole row to park crooked, I was the last one in and taking up two spots. (Literally last spot) When I came out, my car was the only one left and it made me look like the jerk. You just never know.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #13
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
If I'm parked within the paint lines, I'm good. I really don't care how other people park. Not my problem.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 AM   #14
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ28 View Post
I don't do anything, because I never know what is going on in the other person's life. Here is food for thought: Once I went into a parking lot and it was packed, there was a whole line of cars parked crooked because one person caused the whole row to park crooked, I was the last one in and taking up two spots. (Literally last spot) When I came out, my car was the only one left and it made me look like the jerk. You just never know.
I've had this exact thing happen to me a handful of times. I'm like others and park my junk in the back forty far away from others but sometimes don't or can't and then I just pray and hope nothing happens.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote