The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 01-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #71
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Got my tickets for the wife and I, will be bringing my kids since the LOVE Camaro's. This year we both are only getting the Beech Bend so we can see what it is like since we have never been to a Fest before.
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #72
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
Got my tickets for the wife and I, will be bringing my kids since the LOVE Camaro's. This year we both are only getting the Beech Bend so we can see what it is like since we have never been to a Fest before.
That sounds awesome!!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #73
BumblSS

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Driver + Show & Shine Entry wristbands bought! CamaroCross sounds cool too.
BumblSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #74
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Ruby is in!!!!!!! Wrist bands bought for all racing events + 1 spectator for hubby. Guess he will have to bring a different car each day but I'll settle for just having Ruby up there.
Miss Ruby do you run the NCM track ? I was worried about only having a 6 cylinder
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #75
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
Miss Ruby do you run the NCM track ? I was worried about only having a 6 cylinder
Yes she does and a V6 is a blast on the road track. You will not be alone. We will also have 2 novice groups to make it even better for folks getting used to the track.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes she does and a V6 is a blast on the road track. You will not be alone. We will also have 2 novice groups to make it even better for folks getting used to the track.

6, 8, 4...it doesn't matter. The Purpose of getting out on the track is to learn how to handle your car better in a high performance driving situation, and have fun while you're doing it.

You'll learn about proper lines through corners, apexes, braking zones, etc...and discover the limits of the car and yourself. The engine doesn't matter. I've seen folks out on the track learning to race in base-level, 5-year old Miatas, base model Audis, BMWs, a Focus one year, Neon....you could do a lot worse than a 300+hp V6 Camaro.

If you're even considering it, I strongly encourage you to sign up - you won't regret it.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #77
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
im going to post a video in the road course thread so as not to hi jack this one. it is a guy in a V6 tearing it up. he is posting very respectable lap times. road course is more about driver seat time than it is HP. ive seen guys in 110 HP miatas pass C6 ZO6s, no, really.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #78
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
im going to post a video in the road course thread so as not to hi jack this one. it is a guy in a V6 tearing it up. he is posting very respectable lap times. road course is more about driver seat time than it is HP. ive seen guys in 110 HP miatas pass C6 ZO6s, no, really.
This is so true......it's all about seat time, seat time, seat time.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #79
tdsikk

Drives: 2SSRS
Well, I just booked the hotel so we will be making a family trip out of it and attending our first Camarofest!! I'm trying to decide whether to try the drag racing but this would be my first time at a track so I'm a little concerned over it. My car has a turbo and I guess I would be in the super modified class. From the posts I've read it doesn't appear that me being a newbie at this and still learning would be an issue...

Since this will be a family trip, my son is going to bring his 2LT Camaro. Does anyone know if there are age restrictions for racing at the track? He is 16 and has an unrestricted license.
tdsikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #80
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
I have not run it as much as I had hoped but have & will at the fest. Do it! It is a blast!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #81
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
There is a first time for everything & all of had a first time racing. I would have never believed I would be doing drag racing & other racing events but I am having a blast. Not sure about 16 year olds and this specific event but I have known of them running at other racing events. Our local track has a day that they run a class just for the teens.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #82
tdsikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
There is a first time for everything & all of had a first time racing. I would have never believed I would be doing drag racing & other racing events but I am having a blast. Not sure about 16 year olds and this specific event but I have known of them running at other racing events. Our local track has a day that they run a class just for the teens.
I guess if he is too young, I will have to talk my wife into racing his car!! It would be the first time drag racing for her too!
Old 01-25-2017, 06:09 AM   #83
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
This a private event, but most NHRA tracks will let 16 with a valid license race full sized vehicles. Most of the tracks I have been to require a guardian to sign for someone under 18. I have a 2012 2LT so if I can help in any way find me and we will make this a great first time to the dragstrip. I'm 55 but still remember being a newbie at the dragstrip and being afraid to ask questions. So you can PM me on here or find me at the Fest and we can talk about how to stage, reaction times and JUST HAVING FUN legal racing. Have fun and enjoy.
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsikk View Post
Well, I just booked the hotel so we will be making a family trip out of it and attending our first Camarofest!! I'm trying to decide whether to try the drag racing but this would be my first time at a track so I'm a little concerned over it. My car has a turbo and I guess I would be in the super modified class. From the posts I've read it doesn't appear that me being a newbie at this and still learning would be an issue...

Since this will be a family trip, my son is going to bring his 2LT Camaro. Does anyone know if there are age restrictions for racing at the track? He is 16 and has an unrestricted license.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #84
tdsikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
This a private event, but most NHRA tracks will let 16 with a valid license race full sized vehicles. Most of the tracks I have been to require a guardian to sign for someone under 18. I have a 2012 2LT so if I can help in any way find me and we will make this a great first time to the dragstrip. I'm 55 but still remember being a newbie at the dragstrip and being afraid to ask questions. So you can PM me on here or find me at the Fest and we can talk about how to stage, reaction times and JUST HAVING FUN legal racing. Have fun and enjoy.
Rick
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the offer! Looking forward to meeting you at the Fest!