Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #29
ReVeNanTSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
You might want to post pictures or a diagram of your hose routing on the catch can to see if anyone spots a problem with the routing. I don't think it is a problem with the can itself.
I can make pictures. It just hose coming from pcv side valve to catch can in then from out port of catch can to intake(left back side of throttle body)
ReVeNanTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #30
ReVeNanTSS

Look how installed catch can:

https://youtu.be/CFIsrRQ9Gk0
Old 07-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #31
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I'm not sure what the difference in cans are the video is a little hard to follow.

Here are the instructions for the Mighty Mouse can for the Gen 5
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...9GsRXQF74/edit

You might want to try the LS2 mild diagram and see if it makes a difference.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #32
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I posted on a recent post somewhere the known issue of rings being stuck in the lands causing oil consumption. Not enough to cause smoking. Of course there can be other things as well. I'd just drive it until it breaks then rebuild
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #33
ReVeNanTSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I posted on a recent post somewhere the known issue of rings being stuck in the lands causing oil consumption. Not enough to cause smoking. Of course there can be other things as well. I'd just drive it until it breaks then rebuild
Can it will be fixed with oil additives?
Old 07-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #34
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeNanTSS View Post
no
Old 07-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #35
ReVeNanTSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
no
Nice...
Old 07-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #36
gtstorey

As I've said before, we are all just guessing. I still recommend at least a compression test and better yet a leak down test.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:22 PM   #37
ReVeNanTSS

Ye you right. Need compression test. What i noticed last 400km that oil getting normal than before. I yurned off afm by tune. Also restricted catch can air little bit. Hmm
Old 07-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #38
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
How about putting the PCV system back/remove catch can & see if you still use oil? If it seems to have started after it was installed reverse what you did.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #39
ReVeNanTSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
How about putting the PCV system back/remove catch can & see if you still use oil? If it seems to have started after it was installed reverse what you did.
Ok I can check it
Old 07-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #40
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Ok I can check it
.. Makes sense to start there.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:16 AM   #41
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Oil additives no. But there is a cleaning procedure for the cylinders which you let sit for a couple hours to try and attempt to free them.
Aluminum Block - Oil Getting Past Piston Rings - Free Up Piston Rings and Install AFM Shield on All Non-Hybrid Models
Note: If vehicle is built outside of this breakpoint, it should already be equipped with this AFM shield or the pan does not have an AFM valve (LFA before July 7, 2009).

To correct this condition, install an AFM shield, perform the piston cleaning procedure as described in this document and install a new oil pan gasket per the procedure outlined in this document. Monitor oil consumption after this repair to ensure oil consumption has improved to acceptable levels.
If this repair does not correct the condition, it may be necessary to replace all of the piston assemblies (piston and rings) with new parts. Refer to SI for repair procedure.
Important: It is critical in this cleaning process that the engine/fuel injector cleaner remain in the cylinders for a minimum of 2.5 hours to fully clean the components. The cleaner solution must be removed before a maximum of three hours.
  1. Remove the spark plugs and ensure that none of the pistons are at top dead center (TDC).
  2. Clean the pistons by putting 118-147 ml (4-5 oz) of Upper Engine and Fuel Injector Cleaner, GM P/N 88861803 (in Canada, use 88861804), in each cylinder. Allow the material to soak for at least 2.5-3.0 hours, but no more than three hours and then remove the cleaner. A suggested method of removing the cleaner is cranking the engine over. Make sure to unplug the ignition coils and fuel injector before cranking the engine over. Also make sure that the painted surfaces are covered so no damage is done.
You already have the updated cam cover and don't have to worry about the oil pan afm.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #42
ReVeNanTSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Oil additives no. But there is a cleaning procedure for the cylinders which you let sit for a couple hours to try and attempt to free them.
Aluminum Block - Oil Getting Past Piston Rings - Free Up Piston Rings and Install AFM Shield on All Non-Hybrid Models
Note: If vehicle is built outside of this breakpoint, it should already be equipped with this AFM shield or the pan does not have an AFM valve (LFA before July 7, 2009).

To correct this condition, install an AFM shield, perform the piston cleaning procedure as described in this document and install a new oil pan gasket per the procedure outlined in this document. Monitor oil consumption after this repair to ensure oil consumption has improved to acceptable levels.
If this repair does not correct the condition, it may be necessary to replace all of the piston assemblies (piston and rings) with new parts. Refer to SI for repair procedure.
Important: It is critical in this cleaning process that the engine/fuel injector cleaner remain in the cylinders for a minimum of 2.5 hours to fully clean the components. The cleaner solution must be removed before a maximum of three hours.
  1. Remove the spark plugs and ensure that none of the pistons are at top dead center (TDC).
  2. Clean the pistons by putting 118-147 ml (4-5 oz) of Upper Engine and Fuel Injector Cleaner, GM P/N 88861803 (in Canada, use 88861804), in each cylinder. Allow the material to soak for at least 2.5-3.0 hours, but no more than three hours and then remove the cleaner. A suggested method of removing the cleaner is cranking the engine over. Make sure to unplug the ignition coils and fuel injector before cranking the engine over. Also make sure that the painted surfaces are covered so no damage is done.
You already have the updated cam cover and don't have to worry about the oil pan afm.
Oo i can do this. Start with putting back oem pcv hose. After this procedure. I hope it will help. If no help then rebuild

Tags
l99, oil pressure