The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-28-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
MusicScene

Drives: BMW X5
Any good racing games?

I'm talking about racing games that don't have stupid energy meters and blueprints and take five weeks to get enough money for one car. I've tried downloading and playing Rush Rally, Horizon Chase on Apknite, but the only thing I got is wasting time. I feel bad playing those games.

Basically, I want a game that is : Not grindy (everything I listed above, even if I still have to buy cars with money as long as it's quick and easy, I'm talking a few races, and I have enough.), has good graphics, and has relatively basic gameplay (not 8 different modes that all serve no purpose).
MusicScene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:37 AM   #2
PatrickS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
If you are talking mobile games:

TorqueBurnout isn’t exactly racing, but it’s definitely a quick time waster, and not super grindy.

GRID:Autosport is one of the best out there now. Console like graphics, and overall experience

Hopefully this helps!
PatrickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
MusicScene

Drives: BMW X5
Thanks for your reply Patrick, I gonna check GRID: Autosport out!
MusicScene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Crazyguy98

Drives: audi
Cars: Lightning Speed
Cars: Lightning Speed is an online 3D game and 91.92% of 11572 players like the game. Come on and start a racing competition! Run as fast as you can. Collect lightning as much as you can. It will help you add power. Now, Are you ready? Start your crazy racing! Enjoy with Cars: Lightning Speed!
Play games at Friv 100

Last edited by Crazyguy98; 07-24-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Crazyguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicScene View Post
I'm talking about racing games that don't have stupid energy meters and blueprints and take five weeks to get enough money for one car. I've tried downloading and playing Rush Rally, Horizon Chase on Apknite, but the only thing I got is wasting time. I feel bad playing those games.

Basically, I want a game that is : Not grindy (everything I listed above, even if I still have to buy cars with money as long as it's quick and easy, I'm talking a few races, and I have enough.), has good graphics, and has relatively basic gameplay (not 8 different modes that all serve no purpose).

Racing sort of gaming is dead, my opinion! All the games which I played were full of advertisement. Moreover their developers persistently requested to buy different items otherwise there was no chance to win. And that is pretty sad, I must admit, because in my childhood I used to play almost only racing games as my favourite ones now I switched to World of Warcraft as this niche is more developed and you can play without paying much money and their is a great range of services (like this one https://skycoach.gg/wow-boost/dungeons ) to upgrade the chars for reasonable pricing.

Last edited by Lockimin; 09-02-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: additional info
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:50 AM   #6
GST23

Drives: camaro
Quote:

I'm really intrested in same game you described here..any idea?
GST23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
I've been sim racing for years. done online racing for a bit and did a little time as a software tester for anavision, twice. one NASCAR - soso but the Indy Car racing was more than awesome as they had the tech to insert us into a previously run race. that was so intense I had to quit, took all my concentration and was trying to raise kids. didn't mix well.

I currently run a couple programs from Simbin on the windows XP platform that run as a simulator, GT Legends and GT-R ll. both are great but I prefer GT Legends just so I can drive the older muscle cars and sports cars of the late 70's. I hold a track time at Monza GP circuit of 2:05 in a Porsche RSR. tough to win as well, you really got to work at it and save tires
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Best of all, I Retired From Nevada Energy
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

There are excellent ones. But you're touching the realm of simming if you don't want power-ups etc.

I loved GT Legends and Grand Prix Legends is still on my good PC. But it's not a case of jumping in and racing for 30 minuets.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:45 PM   #9
omelex

Drives: F30
Need For Speed: Underground 2 gives you an amazing sense of progression and customization. You start out with a choice between incredibly basic set of cars, which you can keep upgrading or you can buy a newer, better car then upgrade. Repeat the loop until endgame.
omelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:52 AM   #10
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I'm not sure if we're talking strictly mobile (which I know nothing about) or if we're open to console and PC stuff, but in general, the mobile games are not going to match what console and PC have to offer. If I had a PC worthy of gaming, I'd be on some of the games like iRacing, Grand Prix Legends, and some of the other good sim content.

BUT, I live on the Xbox console franchise, and Forza Motorsports (not Horizon) has been my go-to since it's inception. It has a good balance of realism and playability for newer players, it has pretty wide content in both tracks, cars, and modifications, looks pretty good, and has a good online player base to enjoy with. Those games do start out a little grindy, but the developers have done a pretty good job making that initial progression pretty fast an interesting.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:51 AM   #11
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I'm not sure if we're talking strictly mobile (which I know nothing about) or if we're open to console and PC stuff, but in general, the mobile games are not going to match what console and PC have to offer. If I had a PC worthy of gaming, I'd be on some of the games like iRacing, Grand Prix Legends, and some of the other good sim content.

BUT, I live on the Xbox console franchise, and Forza Motorsports (not Horizon) has been my go-to since it's inception. It has a good balance of realism and playability for newer players, it has pretty wide content in both tracks, cars, and modifications, looks pretty good, and has a good online player base to enjoy with. Those games do start out a little grindy, but the developers have done a pretty good job making that initial progression pretty fast an interesting.
Mobile games are just tappers... "Tap here fast to win"
I wouldn't be driving ZL1 now if not for NFS U2...

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #12
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Mobile games are just tappers... "Tap here fast to win"
I wouldn't be driving ZL1 now if not for NFS U2...
I definitely have at least a handful of hours in most of the NFS games over the years. I was an OG Need for Speed player WAAAY back when it was run off DOS command line, and if you had a 486x machine you had a real hot-rod on your hands. I remember playing NFS II on a Pentium 100 machine and using a 14,400 baud modem to dial in my buddy up the street so we could two player. We thought we were pretty cutting edge at the time!

Those games are absolutely responsible for fueling my car passion as a young man. The original Forza Motorsports is absolutely responsible for my break away from Playstation and Grand Turismo, and I haven't looked back since. I wish I had the time for gaming that I used to, but what little time I do get I usually put into playing with the "real" car.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:04 PM   #13
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Racing games are the reason I've owned gaming consoles. As I've gotten older, I've lost the free time but when my daughters were approaching driving age, I picked up a ps4 and driving wheel/pedal/shifter setup. They enjoyed the open map and real world environment of NFS Payback but it's an arcade racer. It certainly got them comfortable with driving dynamics and got them used to using a steering wheel and pedals. I made them drive with the hood view and not the chase view to get them used to visibility. Project Cars has some good racing dynamics and decent weather impacts (i.e. racing in the rain and feeling the track lose grip). Wreckfest is just plain awesome fun. Gran Turismo Sport is what I've been enjoying the past year and the VR headset makes for some neat experiences (albeit with lower resolution).

Since ordering my 23 SS, I've spent most of my time driving the 16 SS and 18 ZL1 on GT Sport.

Need to upgrade the seat so it feels less like a 78 Lincoln...

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .3000: 6/29/22
TPW : 8/15/22 . . . . . . 3800: 8/16/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22
ETA : 9/13/22. . . . . . . 5000: 9/08/22 . . . . . .6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ December 2023
Total MPG Average: 23.2 @ 34mph average over 20k+ mi.
Best MPG: 30.5 @ 51mph average over 220 mi.

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:14 PM   #14
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Assetto Corsa. Been around a long time and still people modding it. Excellent physics.