Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
factory service manaul

Ok had to reformat and reinstall my windows so I hosed my pdf of the factory repair manual. Where is the best place to get the pdf for cheap? One day if I keep my ride I'll get the real paper manuals all 6 of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if anybody has installed a new LT1 pump, I'd like some hints. I've installed and centered LS pumps with shims, but this new variable vane pump
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I could send you a SD card with it its 256mb so too big to email it. ill see if i have a card. i could just send it in and envelope.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:20 AM   #3
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
There you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUC...WZHL66nVMFEqiY
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #4
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I pulled the front cover off of the pump and slid three shims, equally spaced between the drive gear and rotor. I believe I used .003 material but can’t remember for sure.

For what it’s worth, IMHO, the plastic bolt sleeves do a good job of aligning the pump. The alignment tool that is referenced in the shop manual sets the pump in the Y direction. What about the X? Isn’t the pump as just as likely to be misaligned side to side? I don’t think gravity is much of a factor.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
jwaked

Drives: 11 Corvette ZR1
Does it work for the 18 SS or do you have it? Thanks
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
jwaked is offline   Reply With Quote