Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I wonder what would happen if you put nitro fuel for R/C cars in a gasoline tank...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
At 30 bucks a quart are u doing this with every fill up?
I pay $114.15 shipped to my door for 6 32oz bottles, so it's $19 per bottle.

You can also buy a 5 gal drum for $285 shipped. These are the cheapest prices available.

These are the cheapest prices available and I've checked everywhere.

Here's the blending chart,, and yes I use at every fill up. Remember it only take one bad tank of gas to F**K your engine up! But of course, it all depends on your budget. You can see I have a lot of money into my build, so only the best products go in it, and the benefits of running higher octane are proven and Torco gets you there the cheapest way. If your car is a lease, of you're not modding it, or you plan to only keep it a few years, then no, maybe it's not for you. But if you're running high output, high HP engines then you just swallow the cost as part of playing the game.

But IT DOES WORK!
Attached Images

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
Aviation fuel (100LL). It's called one hundred low lead and it contains all kinds of good additives to take extreem cold and/or heat before your engine vapor locks. However airports don't like to sell it to private individuals and you don't want to make it a steady diet because it will build up deposites very quickly on your auto valves. Last time I checked it was a little over $5.00 a galon.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As I understand it, the different octane ratings for the same fuel grade are due to the local conditions, namely elevation (although I'm sure there are other factors). As elevation increases, engines are less prone to pre-ignition and therefore a lower octane fuel can be used.

From what I've been told, those octane additives aren't really needed for general usage unless you go to a lower altitude with the lower octane gas.

Now, if the OP's car is pulling timing because of the lower octane fuel ... well, I guess you need some booster. But if its just because you want 93 and can only get 90 locally ... you might want to see if your car needs it first.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote