Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #43
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I took a computer art course (many years ago), so I should have thought of some of that. I'll need much more than my laptop's trackpad to make the most of the tools. Thanks!
I have a degree in design, so it's kind of what I do. :P You should get a Wacom tablet. I didn't use mine for this, but it can make things so much easier.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 AM   #44
9072SS/RS

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS RS
that would look sweet also in Rally Yellow!!!!!

9072SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
EXCELLENT job on the photoshop LoneStarCamaro & ForgedReality! If you get the first inferno orange hood, I get the second!!!

How about an inferno orange hood with the middle part a white?

I think this hood is a winner LG Motorsports
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Love the hood. Waiting (and crossing my fingers) for a great price.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #47
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34 View Post
Okay, so their LS 9 hood is over $1000.
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/product...oducts_id=2251

I hope this one is less!
This is ACS's LS9 Hood....that they sell. Not one that LG actually makes.

This hood will be a huge deal....prepare yourselves.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34 View Post
Okay, so their LS 9 hood is over $1000.
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/product...oducts_id=2251

I hope this one is less!
That one is fiberglass...this one is carbon. It is going to be more than $1000. We are trying to keep it under what a ZL1 hood is going to be even with the plastic center section.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #49
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
ACS makes it? That price is going to be
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #50
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
ACS makes it? That price is going to be
ACS does not make this hood, as to my knowledge they do not do anything carbon.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #51
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
That one is fiberglass...this one is carbon. It is going to be more than $1000. We are trying to keep it under what a ZL1 hood is going to be even with the plastic center section.
Any plans to make an all fiberglass version?
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #52
Louis @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 2009 CG Z06
Hi Guys,

We are very proud of this hood! Its intent was to be produced for the World Challenge series Camaros, many of you are familiar with. This hood pictured is a pure carbon example that will be used in competition.

We are looking at a few different options, including pure fiberglass.

We are working on pricing as we speak, current lead times of pure carbon/carbon hoods will be a few weeks, as we are rushing to supply the teams in world challenge with hoods so they can have them on the car for the last race of the season at Infineon in late August.

Right now we offer:

Carbon Pin on, for race apps, weight is 8-9 lbs

Carbon with factory inner hood structure, factory crash initiators and factory mounting points- weight will be 13-14lbs

Depending on what YOU guys want, we will more than likely produce a carbon/glass hood which will weigh a little more, but cut costs significantly. We will also produce a pure fiberglass hood with the main goal of being priced effectively, because everyone wants race inspired parts, with out the cost

I will take more pictures for you guys, but its at the paint shop getting a nice coat of IOM with a matte black center just in time for CamaroFest

We would be interested in creating a list of members potentially interested, so post up if you would like on that list, and which type- Carbon race, carbon street, carbon/glass, and pure fiberglass so we can judge where we need to focus our energy.
  • Carbon race- pin on only, race application
  • Carbon street- full carbon, but will bolt on your existing mounts and latch functions like OEM- Most expensive option
  • Carbon glass- Middle of the road price point- Carbon on the inner so it looks good when you open the hood, fiberglass where the paint goes.
  • Pure fiberglass- cheapest option, paint inner and outer.

From there, I will create a list for a potential group buy and pricing at that point.

Im sorry we do not have final pricing, but we are sharpening our pencils and used the eraser a few times to get this done right for you guys

see some of you at Camaro fest in a few days!

Louis

Last edited by Louis @ LG Motorsports; 07-31-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Louis @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #53
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
can you make a fiberglass one for us guys who dont own a bank

i really like this design, the frist i have liked ever for my car, id be more then willing to pay up to 800.00
trans665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #54
Big C CamaroSS

I vote for carbonglass and/or pure fiberglass, but a hood that will bolt on like an OE hood. I am still stoked to see one painted IOM (cause I have an IOM "SS" ), but I appreciate you realizing not everyone can drop $1K+ on a hood....even if it looks killer! A group buy is an awesome idea and will keep my eyes peeled.

I think someone asked about water coming in through the vents???
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #55
LG Motorsports

Drives: Camaro SS , Corvette ZR1, GT2 race
Hi guys,

THis might touch on some of the same points that my son Louis posted but here is my version to reflect what we are trying to accomplish. Thanks LG

Our first goal was to make the light weight carbon fiber hoods for the World Challenge series. Our hood was approved for competition last week.

We will have one hood at Camaro fest in INDY then we have to make a run of pure Carbon Fiber hoods to supply the World Challenge Camaro Race Cars. The World Challenge hoods are $1595. They are race quality and super light weight and use front hood pins or race latches.

We will have Factory quality Pure Carbon Hoods ready soon that will be more expensive because they will have the full carbon fiber inner structure to be a Direct Fit using the factory hinges and front latch. The cost for these Factory Quality Full Carbon hoods will be high but less than buying a 2 louver ZL-1 hood. We are still working on the pricing.

The most popular will be the full Fiberglass. It is still light but not as light as Carbon but much less expensive.

Don't get sticker shock. There will be a hood using this design in 3 different price ranges. We had to start with this version to supply the Race cars first.

We won't do a "Chopper gun" fiberglass because that belongs on boats not great cars.

Stay tuned! We are working to get this design hood in a price range that fits your needs.

Light Carbon is not cheap and Chopper gun Fiberglass is junk on a car application. We are working to supply the best parts at a fair price.

While you are at it, why don't you all take a look at our other LG Camaro parts?

Stop by and see us at the Camaro Fest in Indy.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #56
Big C CamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
Hi guys,

THis might touch on some of the same points that my son Louis posted but here is my version to reflect what we are trying to accomplish. Thanks LG

Our first goal was to make the light weight carbon fiber hoods for the World Challenge series. Our hood was approved for competition last week.

We will have one hood at Camaro fest in INDY then we have to make a run of pure Carbon Fiber hoods to supply the World Challenge Camaro Race Cars. The World Challenge hoods are $1595. They are race quality and super light weight and use front hood pins or race latches.

We will have Factory quality Pure Carbon Hoods ready soon that will be more expensive because they will have the full carbon fiber inner structure to be a Direct Fit using the factory hinges and front latch. The cost for these Factory Quality Full Carbon hoods will be high but less than buying a 2 louver ZL-1 hood. We are still working on the pricing.

The most popular will be the full Fiberglass. It is still light but not as light as Carbon but much less expensive.

Don't get sticker shock. There will be a hood using this design in 3 different price ranges. We had to start with this version to supply the Race cars first.

We won't do a "Chopper gun" fiberglass because that belongs on boats not great cars.

Stay tuned! We are working to get this design hood in a price range that fits your needs.

Light Carbon is not cheap and Chopper gun Fiberglass is junk on a car application. We are working to supply the best parts at a fair price.

While you are at it, why don't you all take a look at our other LG Camaro parts?

Stop by and see us at the Camaro Fest in Indy.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

AMEN to everything you said Lou! Doing it right takes time, but its worth it in the end and people will buy it! Me included.