The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #99
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The real issue: Can the frunk carry zero, one, or two sets of golf clubs?
And how many shunts can fit in there?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:16 PM   #100
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Dude, that guy is awesome! I inadvertently follow him because his wife is a big spokesperson for the handicapped (she broke her back in an equestrian accident and is a paraplegic) and the guy built her an off-road buggy-type wheelchair so she could go places with him. Super cool dude.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I picked out this guy because he did seem cool and the other guy folks are spreading around is just annoying and called the tires GoodYear All Territory so figured he didn't know squat anyway.

I did subscribe to him as well.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:01 PM   #101
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Early design mockups for Hummer.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #102
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

“This innovative truck comes to market with speed and purpose, bringing GM another step closer to an all-electric future,” said Mark Reuss, president of General Motors.
Yipee.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #103
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
People complaining about the pricing, should remember that Hummer has never been for the masses. I did get a reservation for the Tri Motor model. Looks to be quite the beast.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:06 AM   #104
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
3. This is where I don't get the point of this vehicle. I mean I am seeing a decent amount made about its off road prowess and I doubt many owners will ever leave the payment but an electric off road vehicle seems like a huge gamble. Since the bronco came out I have spent some time on off road forums and a lot of those guys worry about fuel range/carry jerry cans so they can go way out into the open and overland and stuff like that.
As you know, Hummer is synonymous with off-road capability. GM was right to maintain Hummer as an off-road capable vehicle. The design, technology, and capability of this vehicle are extremely impressive. Moreover, after GM's recycling of the Blazer and Trailblazer nameplates to offer FWD-based crossovers, I'm pleasantly surprised GM appears to have gone all out on delivering a world-class product. Between the 2020+ Corvette, 2021+ Escalade, and 2022+ Hummer EV, I'm starting to see signs of hope for GM after all.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:07 AM   #105
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Those expecting an EV truck with the same price and performance as a comparable ICE powered Silverado or Sierra are going to be disappointed. There is still another 10-20 years for the tech to reach that level.
I was not expecting equivalency to ICE trucks. I was expecting pricing in line from current "competitors" scheduled to release. I'm convinced they don't actually plan to sell this thing in significant numbers. If the intent is a halo low volume example of engineering excellence that'll eventually trickle down to a Silverado EV, fine.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #106
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
People complaining about the pricing, should remember that Hummer has never been for the masses. I did get a reservation for the Tri Motor model. Looks to be quite the beast.
Anyone that is a car guy knows that the Hummer was always a pricey vehicle.

With that being said, when there are other companies bringing "EV Supertrucks" to market for thousands $$$ less, it kind of squashes the excitement of this Hummer. If someone wants to pay $100k+ for an EV Truck that has "Hummer" emblazoned across the front, that is certainly their choice. I will humbly pass and spend my money elsewhere. Again, to each their own.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:26 AM   #107
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
As you know, Hummer is synonymous with off-road capability. GM was right to maintain Hummer as an off-road capable vehicle. The design, technology, and capability of this vehicle are extremely impressive. Moreover, after GM's recycling of the Blazer and Trailblazer nameplates to offer FWD-based crossovers, I'm pleasantly surprised GM appears to have gone all out on delivering a world-class product. Between the 2020+ Corvette, 2021+ Escalade, and 2022+ Hummer EV, I'm starting to see signs of hope for GM after all.
I get all that, and it sure as hell looks impressive. But if your out offroading and inthe middle of nowhere it's not like you can bring an extra battery.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #108
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I get all that, and it sure as hell looks impressive. But if your out offroading and inthe middle of nowhere it's not like you can bring an extra battery.
It'll be fine.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:22 AM   #109

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
As far as price on the Hummer it is high, which by itself is no biggie...I'm glad people have a choice...take it or leave it...It's an all new vehicle that has not required a similar ICE vehicle be discontinued. It may be a rare time when a true choice of ICE or EV are available.

However, every time a new EV is announced, and the price is out of reach for the average driver, we also get a heavy dose of "the all-electric future". GM is committed to building only EVs in how many years from now? Four, five, ten years from now?

The price is an issue if what we see so far is the new norm...Cadillac, Corvette(?), Hummer???....all with new norm high prices....Where is the affordable EV? Bolt?...lol...

The average Joe sees ICE options ending sooner rather than later in sedans, trucks, everything...These new EVs are not very reassuring that an all electric future will be anything affordable or even desirable to own.

Oh, just wait, EV prices will come down...uh huh...sure...Not that I can see. ICE will end way before any comparable EVs are available for the masses as a reasonable replacement.

So, yeah, the Hummer price is concerning, as is the price with all EVs as leaders and examples of the highly touted inevitable all electric future.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #110
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I was not expecting equivalency to ICE trucks. I was expecting pricing in line from current "competitors" scheduled to release. I'm convinced they don't actually plan to sell this thing in significant numbers. If the intent is a halo low volume example of engineering excellence that'll eventually trickle down to a Silverado EV, fine.
Which competitors? And yeah GM doesn't want to become all electric overnight as the market will not react well to that. ICE cars are still the most demanded vehicles and most dependable ones with the most value.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #111
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
For a size idea, Hummer is about the same length as a Colorado/Canyon Extended Cab or Crew Cab Short Box. Much much wider though.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #112
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
It'll be fine.

You can charge off the generators that the new F150s have, ha.