Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
djbalch

Drives: 2018 Camaro Convertible
Convertible divider

We bought a 2018 Nightfall Gray V6 Convertible in December 2018. Traded a 2012 RS Red Convertible (regretting this decision now). While I like some of the features of the 2018 I am disappointed with others. The major disappointment is this stupid trunk divider / convertible top sensor crap. The car is my my wife's daily driver so it mostly annoys her and I get to hear about it daily. The 2012 had the piece you pull across the trunk and set into the holder on each side. Worked great and never failed to do its job, didn't come loose because you put a purse or other small object in the trunk and accidentally touched the divider.

Has anyone found a way to defeat this divider without modifying the car? I just want the sensor to detect the connection and allow the top to go down when we press the button. This is our 2nd Camaro convertible and 4 convertible overall so we understand not to put things in the trunk that will damage the top when it is down.

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.
djbalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
buy a new divider and cut the upper grommets off of it and put them on the knobs, done deal.

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Not that this helps fix your divider, but I have a '17 and have never had an issue with the divider not staying in place. My point is: not every car has this problem. I assume you're still covered under warranty, so maybe you can get the dealer to order you a replacement divider that actually stays in place.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
wildchevy

There was a recall on some of the cars for defective dividers call your dealer or send me the last 8 of your vin and I will check on yours if you would like me to.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
wildchevy

Sounds like you got the new and improved. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516010

Old 01-12-2020, 10:55 PM   #6
EddyC

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
I have the weathertech trunk liner in mine, it has the bottom 2 sensors built in, and doesn't require the divider to snap into it in anyway. This certainly allows a bit more flexibility in allowing the divider to move a little, might be a good solution to this problem.
Attached Images

EddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #7
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyC View Post
I have the weathertech trunk liner in mine, it has the bottom 2 sensors built in, and doesn't require the divider to snap into it in anyway. This certainly allows a bit more flexibility in allowing the divider to move a little, might be a good solution to this problem.
The sensors are on the upper snaps. The bottom snaps don't matter so this solution won't help.

My 2016 came with the good divider and the dealer replaced it when I had other work done. Agreed that the "improved" divider is junk and doesn't stay in place like the original one did.

Here is what some others have posted:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519694
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trunk divider