Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8balldeluxe View Post
I am in the market right now to buy one, was looking for real world results then Dyno numbers
Real world does not equal dyno lol real world equals time slips and g forces and fresh air
Old 11-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #16
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Never doubted it .
Old 11-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Throttle response is noticeably better, but I lost 2 tenths in the quarter mile.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #18
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
I put my Bo White PTB on my car in the early spring this year right after I put shorty ARH headers and Solo cats on...as well as a VTC. I did a bunch of stuff at once, so really didn't know what all had what affect. I took the VTC back off due to issues with limp mode while using it. Still love the throttle response. A few weeks ago I had a miss. It turned out to be a bad plug, but in trouble shooting it, I swapped back to my stock TB to be sure the TB was not causing a problem. When I took it for a drive I was SHOCKED! The response, pull, and even the sound is just different! It was extremely noticeable going from a PTB back to stock when you are used to having more!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #19
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Not sure why people keep arguing about this. It is a small/inexpensive mod that can make a very noticeable change in the way the car drives because of throttle response. Is it like changing to a bigger cam, or putting on headers and cats, or even a supercharger? NO, it is not! Think about it, it smooths out the air flow through the throttle body. Now whether the porting allows more air because of smoother air flow or from material removed from the TB or a combination of the two. It only allows so much of a small percentage of improvement. It is not going to give you the same result as 100hp shot of nitrous. It is going to fine tune the intake system, now if that gives an additional 1-10hp it will depend on the specific engine. Just because the power doesn't register on a dyno, doesn't mean it didn't help engine performance. If the engine becomes more efficient, it makes power quicker and smoother. My personal opinion is that it helps the stock/minor bolt on manual crowd the most. I also think it works better for road/track cars than dead stop drag race guys. I can manipulate the throttle better in/out of turns and just in normal driving/shifting. Hard full throttle straight line acceleration might not need/show improvement from the PTB, but then again it might, it depends on the engine/trans/vehicle. If your engine is mostly stock, it is the best mod for the amount of money and ease of installation.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #20
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Throttle response is noticeably better, but I lost 2 tenths in the quarter mile.
Did you lose trap speed? Trap speed difference is what I'd be looking at over the 2/10ths of a sec difference, but what do I know, lol.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #21
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Bone stock LS3 SS, 2 pulls stock TB then 2 pulls with ported TB.
https://youtu.be/o3bmzY1r3hQ
Bo, I can't really tell from the graph...what rpm's are the gains at?
Old 11-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Graph wasnt shown
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #23
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Graph wasnt shown
@ 2:33???
On tiny phone, maybe I
Old 11-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #24
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
Excellent inputs everyone and thank you! I was leaning, but your inputs have cinched it for me.
Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Did you lose trap speed? Trap speed difference is what I'd be looking at over the 2/10ths of a sec difference, but what do I know, lol.
Trap speed was the same as before.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #26
Red2010ss

Drives: 2015 1 SS, Black
anyone have any experience with the JET Powr-Flo Throttle Bodies? I was thinking about picking one up .
Red2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #27
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Wish we could do a cable throttle body...
No way!

Ever since that time I got stranded alone 60 miles away from anywhere into middle of nowhere (back in the no cell phone days you know), because my throttle cable snapped, and ended up using both of my shoes laces to attach to throttle body linkage, and pass shoe lace through the passenger side window and use left hand as throttle ...and yes it was 5speed stick ,

No thanks.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #28
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Trap speed was the same as before.
I see :cigarette: